Mt.Manifesto

Photo of Jessica

After we are both dressed in our matching swim shorts and surfer black tops and t-shirts of neon green on top we head out. The rustic door slams behind them like a rage of thunder. In silence we walk to Andy's house first since it is closer.

Jessie bursts,"What happened to your BOYFRIENDS?"

"All right smart butt there is a difference, they are my BEST FRIENDS. They were taken by Pan two months well Danny and Arthur were,"I say holding the tears as much as I can but one streams down.

"Sorry sis, I did not know," Jessie says biting her lip. I grab her in an embrace from behind as we approach Andy's wooden front gate.

"I did not need you worrying about my life. It is all fine. I will find them and kill Pan once and for all. Until then lets get back to your birthday," I say nudging Jessie to knock on the door.

*Knock Knock*

Nothing.

*Knock knock knock*

*Loud snoring*

"Andy, I know thats fake and you are awake get your butt to this door," Jessie sternly yelling with a smile. We hear chuckling and Andy and Will both come to the door.

"Good morning beautiful ladies and happy birthday Jessie," Will says winking at Jessie.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jessie happy birthday to you!"Andy sings in a very high voice.

"Thanks dorks! We are going to the mountain top to swim and were wondering if you two would like to come?" Jessie says smiling and aimlessly looking at both of them.

"Sure! Come on in,"They both say enthusiastically and running in to grab their shorts I assume.We both walk in smiling.?Josie ponders on the ways to call for Pan to fulfill her sister's birthday wish.

"Would it be ok if my older brother Eddy comes with us?" Andy yells from the back of the house.

"Sure," I say because he is my only friend left of my quad squad. He comes out wearing a smirk and some swim shorts and shirt. All of us make our way to the top of Mt. Manifesto in silence. Though we all exchange smiles until we are there. I remember loosing Danny and Arty up here. I look towards Eddy and tell he is antsy too. So I mouth, "We will protect them!"

He mouths back 'We will.' Everyone is smiling and laughing as we make our way to the water. A sound from the woods behind us disturbs the quiet. All at once we look towards the woods and crows come from the opposite direction. We decide to forget the noise and jump in the water. Will and Andy grab Jessie by her arms and drag her in the water. She smiles and laughs until she gets thrown in. I laugh and jump on Eddy's back. Will and Andy are offering to help Jessie out but she drags them in. Eddy jumps  in with me on his back. The same  sound from a different direction makes us silent again. This is exactly what happened before they lost Arthur and Daniel. I know the shadow is next. "Out everybody OUT," Eddy shouts panting and making sure everyone is safe. Out comes the Shadow. I grab my bow and arrow from my denim bag. Everyone hides behind boulders I am with my sister and Andy. Eddy is with Will. ~Snap~ sounds of a broken branch. ~crunch crunch~ several leaves being stepped on. I see Eddy panicking.

"Will and Eddy get away," Andy screams looking towards the paralyzed Will and his 'ready to fight' brother. Will scurries over to them standing guard of Jessie, Andy and I. Eddy dumbfounded stands there staring down the Shadow. Peter Pan appears behind him ready to grab Will. I shoot an arrow at him and he catches it and smiles at me.

"Don't you dare," Eddy screams and jumps between the arrow and I, I assume Pan was going to throw it back. Instead Peter Pan made it vanish along with himself. Eerie feelings leave and they all jump back in the water. I embrace Eddy tightly thankful he is still there.