Far from home

Everything more like everyone is hazy when I wake up. I am on a bunch of leaves.  A bunch of boys of all ages are standing above me.

"Let the girl breath boys," Peter says from behind a tree. They all slowly back away.

"Where am I?" I assume Neverland but like to be sure.

"Neverland," a young boy with black hair and brown eyes spits smartly. A couple of the older boys try to help me up but I swish their hands away and get up on my own. We must be in the woods there is trees and leaves all around us. Us being me, a bunch of boys of all sizes, and Peter. I run over to him and try to strangle him. He is smiling and grabs my wrists before they reach his neck.

"It will take a lot more than that to kill me sweetheart," he says, I can tell he is right but I am too furious to care.

"Where is my brother PAN?" I ask practically screaming.

"Why should I tell you? Its not like you can get him off this island," he says smartly as the other boys roll their eyes. This time it is like is lying but is not. My guess is somehow he blocked so I could not tell if he was lying. This must mean that I can get him off the island.

"Then why not tell me where he is if it doesn't even matter?" I retort back at him. Not once have I looked at his eyes but now I do. Some sort of innocence is in him this is probably because he never grew up. They are pure emerald green and he smirks catching me staring at his eyes.

"Alright fine but let me show you where you will be staying," Peter Pan says guiding her away from the boys deeper in the woods.

"I do NOT plan on staying to long," I snap at him stopping in the middle of the pathway.

"You will find getting off this island is not as easy as it seems," he says crunching some leaves and ducking under a branch. I follow knowing he is clearly more powerful than me.

"Whatever," I say as he cackles and swiftly flies above a huge fallen tree. I hop on top and drop down right behind him. He turns around and puts out a hand to help me get up I hit it and get up on my own. How could the guy who steals children be "nice"?  He backs away and keeps moving deeper in the dark green woods.

"I better not be staying in a dungeon. I would rather stay in the woods," I say fiercely. The woods continue to grow darker but green as we crunch the leaves.

"Of course not," he says slowly moving some brush away to reveal a nice cottage that reminds me of home. A tear falls down my cheek. Then rage sets in.

"Why would you make it look like home? What are you playing at Pan?" I firmly say on the defensive side.

"I want you to feel at home here," he says opening the door with a devilish smile.

"What is the catch? I am not a fan of games," I say stubbornly staying outside the door.

"I am afraid you would not believe me if I told you so you will have to figure that out on your own," he says staring straight into my eyes gesturing to come inside. I reluctantly follow him.

"What does that mean?" I say embracing the colorful cottage with rustic wooden furniture.

"It means you think you have it all figured out about this place but to truly know is to live here and ask around. Everyone around here has no reason to lie to you," he winks which tells me he knows my power. How could he know? Has he been stalking me?!??!?

"Whatever can I see my brother now," I say sternly.

"Get some rest and we will prepare a proper welcome meal for you and your brother will be there. No he is not the meal we may be on an island but we are not cannibals," he says as reassuring me. He is not lying as far as I can tell but he can block it I know but something tells me that he did not do it then. As he walks away I slowly make my way to a bedroom. The woods are painted on the walls or a open space I try to put my hand through but cannot it feels weird. Must be the paint.Either way it is breathtaking to me and the blanket is purple and black two of my favorite colors. Is he some kind of stalker? He has taken boys from all over including my village plus he seems a little mysterious with me around so he probably is. Suddenly, I begin to feel homesick when I look out the window thinking about my sister. I remind myself this place is not the furthest I have been. I remember when I accidentally fell into a portal to wonderland. The red queen has a ginormous head and everyone was disappointed when I told them I was not Alice except the hatter he likes anyone who is mad as he and powers is quite unusual in that realm. Anyway how is she going to survive without me? Sure I have taught her survival skills but what if she tries to come rescue me. I couldn't think about that I need to focus on my brother and getting him out of here. Besides several on an island full of boys I am sure he is ready to leave. I decide to go out the back door and explore in hopes of finding my brother.

The forest looks exactly like it did in the cottage I guess it was a window. Where did he get that idea? What window can even do that but not open? It does not matter. I try to be as quiet as possible so I climb up a nearby tree to avoid crunching any leaves. I climb up as high as I can without being in top of the ginormous beast. Then I scurry across a narrow branch and leap to the next tree over in front of me. I follow this same pattern swiftly for quite a while. Finally, I reach the edge of the dense forest. Sadly, it is a cliff. This really is an island. I decide to climb further up in the tree to get better scope of the area. I grab a branches left and right higher and higher then finally reach the top. Slowly I scan the island that seems a lot bigger than I expected with a volcano on the opposite end. Then I shift to look beyond the island and it really is secluded from any sight of land. How far away is Neverland from anywhere else? How will we get home once I find him?

I shake it aside and trek down the tree. My hand latches onto an old frail branch and I felt it snap as I grabbed it. I curl up bracing for the fall but two pairs of dainty hands grab my underarms.