Chapter 5

Alex was wearing baggy jeans and a black T-shirt with a gray sweater. His hair looked the same way it looked the day I saw him at the store. His dark eyes were trained forward. He looked completely handsome even in his not so handsome outfit.

"What?" Lexi asks seeing my sudden  distant. Her eyes traveled to where I was looking and saw him. She suddenly gasps.

Lexi and I weren't the only ones staring. Every girl in the hallway was completely silent and drooling over Alex as he passed by.  Soon, he was gone, and he hadn't thrown one glance at me.

Something inside me screams yes, he's in my school!, and something else screams no, too much girls are interested!

Lexi yanks my arm, distracting me.
"Asia's gonna flip over that one!" She wiggles her eyebrows at me and I smile.

---------------

I sit down on my desk in my new first period. The teacher, Mr. Chang is calling out our names so we can introduce ourselves. This is Junior year, who stills does that?

The bell rungs but just as it rings, two figures slip inside the classroom. I glare inwardly as I see Claire, my long time enemy, and her best friend Sarah.

She sits on a desk that was two desks away from mines while Sarah takes the one that was next to her's. I groan out loud and put my face in my hands.

I zone out as the students introduce themselves.

"Monica." I heard Mr. Chang say. I frown and got up. I hated speaking in front of people. Singing, that was something else. I walk up to the front of the class and take a deep breath.

"Hi, my name is Monica. I like to sing and hope to become a singer or an engineer one day." I said quickly. I heard somebody snicker and I look to see that its Claire. Of course.

"She wish she could sang!" I hear her mutter to Sarah, buy enough for the whole class to hear. I shoot her a glare and walk to my seat. You wish you could think! I thought.

Finally, the bell rings and I pack my bag. My classmates rush out and I step out the classroom, only to be faced by Claire and Sarah. I sigh, here comes the drama.

"So, Monica. What's up?" Claire asked sarcastically. I shrugged. She rolled her eyes. "I was trying to be conversational. Anyways, what I was gonna tell you is that- don't even try out for the glee club this year. Trust me if you do....you're experience will be terrible." I stand there, completely shocked.

"Wait, the glee club is back?" I ask. Claire ignores me and walks away, making sure to flip her braided weave in my face. I bit my teeth, hard. She gets on my nerves way to darn much! The girl was simply too much!

I stomp away, my mood temporarily ruined. I turn the corner and find my body contact with someone's else.

Immediately, I stumble away.

"Oh..gosh! I'm sorry!" I mutter. Then I look into the beautiful eyes of Alex. He smiles at me and I almost feel my heart melt.

"I din't know you went to this school!" He said. I laughed. If you looked around when you were walking around the hallway, you would have known.

"Its not something I just throw out. You know?" I say. He laughs along with me.

"So, where is your next class?" He asked.

"Ms. Major"

Alex throws his hand up, striking a dramatic pose. I laugh. "I have her too. For this period."

"That's great! I think I know where her class is." I said.

Alex follows me upstairs into Ms. Major's classroom. I take a seat and he sits right next to me. Well well well. I stare at him for a moment as he looked around the classroom. Man, he was fine! Suddenly, his eyes snapped to me, and I quickly looked away with a blush.

He looks away with a knowing smile which makes me blush more. After a while, I look around to see if any of my best friends were in this class. But I found no sign of the two crazies. I sigh with disappointment.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked. I looked at him to find his eyes on me, worry and curiosity in them.

"Uhhh..." I was going to tell him but I was distracted by all the girls.

Again, I found girls drooling all over Alex again. Close your mouths, you're not no dog. I roll my eyes and internally slap myself for being judgemental, because I was literally doing exactly the same thing as those girls.

After Ms. Major throwing a quick introduction for herself and our new class, she passes out a 20 question test. What's going on with these teachers giving stupid hard tests on the freaking first day of school?
I take my test and even though its hard, I'm the first one to finish. Yeah, no bragging, but I'm usually an A student.

Alex looks at me with a confused face.
"Done?" He whispered.

I nodded. He shakes his head with shock and go back to his test. I grin to myself.

I take out my phone and play Piano Tiles until the bell rings. I pick up my bag and walk quickly towards the door. Before stepping out, I look back to see a group of girls starting a conversation with Alex. Too thirsty. I rolled my eyes.

I could have been one of those girls trying to converse with him, but I wasn't an outgoing person. I was too shy and reserved. Alex wouldn't even glance at me if we hadn't met at Missy's Collection.

My next class was Ms. Smith, English. Oh, this was another thing I didn't understand about school. Why take an English class when we startef speaking it since we were little three year olds. No offense, English teachers.

I walk into the classroom and see that Lexi is sitting on one of the desks. I clap my hands excitedly and take the seat next to hers.

"I hope Asia has this class!" Lexi said. I nod in agreement. Its been a while since the three of us had a class together.

"I missed you guys so much." I said to Lexi. She smiles, making sure it looks dramatic.

"I love you too." She gushes. Did I tell this girl I loved her? No, I did not.

"You embarrass me." She frowns, and I laughed. "Have you seen Asia yet?" I asked.

"No, but I've seen that hot guy you were stating at this morning. I have him 1st period." She says laughing and I glare at her. "Oh gosh! Monica has a new crush. Glad to see you're  moving on after that Trevor thing." I blush and immediately start shushing her. Thankfully at that moment, our teacher steps in. She gives us the stern face and starts talking about her rules. I try not to roll my eyes, and give off a bad influence already.

I'm serious when I say this lady made us write her seventy long rules down. Like, I already see that she's one of those teachers that, I'mma need to find and collect her chill.

Like why in the world do you need them seventy rules for?

Finally, the bell rings and Lexi and I head to the cafeteria.

The first person I spot is Asia. I see her before Lexi and immediately run towards her. When I reach her, I wrap my hands tightly around her.

"Asia!"

"Monica!"

"Lexi!"

We started to jump up and down in excitement. A couple of people stare at us, causing us to break down laughing. We were worse than freshman at the moment.

"So, before we start talking about something else. Let me tell you guys this. I'm in love. And his name is Alex. I'm in love!!" She gushes dreamily. My heart pounds. What?