Chapter 12

This chapter is dedicated to -rutilant, this story's first commenter. Thank you SO much for your support:)

This is bad. The fact that both Asia and Lexi were here to witness that made it worst.

I've always told them both that I had nothing going on with Alex, but hearing Alex call me that, they would both think I was lying.

Both Asia and Lexi stared at me with shock while I stared back with the same expression. I had to say something. Like right now!

But before I could, Asia got up and stormed out of the cafeteria.

I groaned.

Lexi stayed sitting and looked at me with a glare on her face.

"Really, Monica? What's wrong with you?! You know Asia has a huge crush on that boy, and then you lied to us, saying nothing was going on!"

Suddenly, I became to get angry. She had a crush on him?! Well what about me? Did she even feel effected by him like I was? No! She doesn't even know him!!

Right then and there, I began to question all the crushes Asia had, not only on Alex, but also the other boys. She never even really know them. Yet, she had decided she had liked them. I mean, her love life was like a Disney princess movie.

I know I hardly knew Alex too but still it was different. I mean she never shared a word with they boy.

"Lexi, can you just stop yelling and listen." I said calmly. Lexi sighed but stopped. "I'm not lying. There is nothing going on between Alex and I. I mean come on, Lexi! Do you really think that someone like Alex would go for me when he has a girl like Asia rooting for him?" The last sentence hurts, but I knew it was true.

"He doesn't even like me. " I said, trying to hide the sadness I felt. "I don't like him." Lies.

Even if he did like me, a relationship wouldn't work when my best friends didn't support it.

"Monica, don't even say that to me. You're a gorgeous-" Lexi started.

"But I'm no Asia!" I basically yelled.

Okay, there it is! You blew it, now Lexis gonna know you're jealous!

Lexi sighed. "Whatever Monica."

She got up and walked away, leaving me alone. Why am I such a bad person? Here I was, feeling jealous of my best friend. No matter how much I tried to hide the jealousy I felt, I knew it was there.

"Are you okay?" I heard Alex ask from behind me. I brought my fingertips to my cheeks and realized a couple of tears had escaped my eyes.

"I'm alright." I lied.

Alex shook his head at me as he sat right next to me. "No, you're not."

"I had just gotten into a fight with my friends." I shrugged like it was nothing.