Chapter 6

My heart was still thumping as we took a seat on one of the lunch tables. Asia had countless of food on her plate like it was Thanksgiving or something. That girl ate so much but never gained any weight. Something I wish was a tactic of mines. But it wasn't.

Another thing about Asia was that she was pretty. No, not pretty, she's beautiful. If you ask me, she could pass as Beyonce. She just looked like a darker and younger version of her. And I wasn't lying or exaggerating things. Asia usually got any boy that she wanted.

And now she was after Alex. And I was very attracted to him. I didn't like him, I didn't know him well enough. But I haven't been attracted to anyone for a long time, being attracted to him must have meant something. Didn't it?

But that couldn't and wouldn't happen. Asia was attracted to him and I could never compete with my best friend.

Lexi noticed my quiteness and gently pinched my check.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said. She eyed me, suspicious filling her eyes. I shrugged. I mean she should remember that she was teasing me about having a certain crush just a while ago.

Taking a spoon, I dig into my salad. Asia smiled at me. "Have you seen him?" She asked excitedly.

"What? Who?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Alex! Duh?" She rolled her eyes.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "Yeah, I've seen him around."

"Isn't he cute?" She asked.

"He's okay. Not my type, actually." I said. If this was a normal conversation, we would have gushed about how cute Asia's new crush was. But this was different, I was attracted to her crush. I zoned out during the conversation and tried to simply eat my salad until lunch was over.
But, Asia brought up the glee club.

"Are you joining the glee club?" She asked.

"Wait....I didn't even know it was back." I say. Ever since sophomore year, there was no glee club. Not ever since the beloved glee club and drama teacher Madame Rose passed away. Its been canceled. But if the glee club was back, who was the new teacher?

"I would like to join. But Claire is signing up. She already told me not to join, or she'll make my experience a mess." Asia reached forward and put her soft hand on my mouth.

What the heck-

"Oh please. Monica, we all know that nobody's gonna keep you away from getting in that glee club thing. And we all know you're the one they need most. Not Claire." She flipped her hair, Claire style. I laughed along with Lexi. Asia was definitely a diva. And that was something Lexi and I loved about her. Her bossy attitude and outgoing side. Everything about her screamed power and diva.

But she wasn't snobby about it. She just had the confidence that most girls wished they had. Especially me.

I knew Asia ever since kinder garden. Even though I didn't live in this town then, my mom had convinced my dad to send me to school here. Mostly because of these school's academic points.

Asia and I were best friends ever since we met. We met Lexi in the sixth grade and we both accepted her into our little 'clique'. Ever since we've been Tha best estate if best friends.

"Really, Monica. You should really audition for the x-factor." Says Asia. I rolled my eyes. She could be so ignorant sometimes.

"The x-factor was canceled since 2013." I said, guving her a duh look. Asia rolled her eyes.

"Do you expect me to keep track of these things?" She murmured.

"I got it!" Lexi exclaimed, after taking a big bite of her salad. "You can audition for The Voice! You certainly got the voice." I burst out laughing at her corny conn joke. Will this girl ever stop?

"You guys are so silly!" I said. Finally, the bell to end lunch rang.

Lexi, Asia, and I walked away from the cafeteria. It was so funny how this best friends thing worked. Lexi was the cheerful one. Asia was the confident one. And me...I was the quite one.

Lexi left to go to her next class and Asia and I went to ours, which we had together.

The rest of the school day was pretty boring. When I was back home, I knocked on the door. I imagined the door opening and finding my mother asking how the First day was.

But instead I was met by Selena who wasted no time to ask the question, "Monica, can you watch Tiara for me?"

Away goes my stupid stupid wishes and imaginations.

Gosh, this is so short. Sorry guys!