Chapter 20

Tears splashed on my cheeks. Wanting to hit something, I put my hand into a fist and slammed the front door. I was so furious! Why would he do this to this to me?! I seriously thought that Alex was different!

I felt so betrayed. I felt stupid, annoyed, decieved.

Alex didn't even seem interested in Asia. But he used me. I really just stood outside my house waiting for him to come. But instead, he was with Asia.

How did she even know about the movies? I guess he asked her too.

Man, I was a mess. I f*cking believed his crap.

So was he never going to tell me? He texted me the freaking number, for goodness's sake!

I ran to my room and slammed my door shut. "Monica!" I heard my father scorn. But I didn't care.

I sat on my bed, sobbing uncontrollably. Why couldn't I stay away from boys? It was junior year, and I could focus on school. I was doing fine, I didn't need any boy.

But, he had to come along. I mean, I knew it wouldn't work. I knew eventually he would fall for Asia, just like everyone else did. But I got my hopes up, by just his smiles and his stupid charming words.

What a stupid girl!

I dialed Nanna's number on my dad's phone, which was still in my hand.
She had good advice. She would be the only one to cheer me up right now.

"Hello." I heard her warm voice say through the phone.

"Nanna! It's me, Monica." I said, stifling a sob.

"Monica, baby, are you alright?" Her voice was concerned. I tried to speak again, but my voice cracked, and I started crying again.

Ughh!! Why was I being so emotional? He's just one of them stupid boys!

"Hold on, Monica. I'll be right over in a few seconds." My grandma told me.

True to her words, my grandma came over in less than ten minutes. I was so happy to see her again, and I wrapped her in a tight hug. I felt so safe and loved in her arms. She was truly the only real family I had left.

She greeted my father and his wife. Then she took little Tiara in her arms and held her for a while. After that, she came into my room.

I lay on my bed and she sat next to me. It was a position we always stuck to, ever since I was little.

Her warm fingers ran through my hair, making me feel more comforted. I sigh. She was so good to me.

"Nanna, I am sorry for making you come here."

"I seriously don't know why I am here too. Shouldn't you be too busy to be crying? You should be doing what kids ya'll age do now. Like eating pizza every day while 'Netflix and Chilling'?" Nanna said scratching her forehead, probably trying to recall 'what kids my age does.'

I laughed. "Nanna, that's not what kids my age do. I'm the only one who probably stays home all day, eating pizza. "

She chuckled. "But the 'netflix and chilling' part is for all kids your age, right?" She asked, seemingly very interested in this topic.

I laughed again at her chose of words. "Yeah, I guess."

"So why aren't you netflix and chilling with your friends? You wanted to with me?" She asked, with a wide smile.

"Nanna, no, please." This cringe was so hard.

"What? I thought-" She started.

"No" I shook my head so fast, I felt like it would fall off.