Chapter 15

I looked from Asia to Alex. Well, this was awkward- they were both looking at me silently. What was I supposed to do?

Lexi nudged me, making me look at her. "Introduce them." She whispered.
"Oh!" I slapped my forehead, "I'm sorry!" Asia laughed at my foolishness but I could hear a slight tone of annoyance in it.

"Alex," I said pointing my fingers to Asia, "this is one of my best friends, Asia. She's also the thrower of this amazing party!!!" I said, forcing some enthusiasm in my voice. It wasn't that I didn't want them to be introduce to each other, I just didn't want to be the one to do it. I was way too awkward.

Alex smiled one of his dazzling smiles and put his hands out towards Asia. Asia ignored his hand and instead took a step forward to hug him.

Wrong move, Asia! That was desperation alert!

Alex laughed in suprise but accepted the embrace. When they seperated, Alex said, "well, thank you for inviting me to this extravagant party. I wasn't really expecting anyone to notice me since, you know,  I'm the new kid and all. But you did! So...."

For a strange reason what he said kind of hurt me. I mean, I'm being over dramatic and all, but I noticed him! Was I like a nobody?? My noticing him meant nothing to him?

I quickly drained the stupid thoughts out of my head, because I had a mission to do. I had to help set my best friend up with the charming Alex. Even if I wanted to or not.

"Well, Alex,Lexi and I are gonna go buy some more beer. Asia can show you around." I told him while taking Lexi's hand. He nodded, but with a confused look on his face. Then the confusion look disappeared, and he looked as if he knew what I was doing.

Oh well, I didn't care if he knew. The faster he knew the less time it would take for him to know if he wanted Asia or not. The faster my job was done.

Lexi and I hurriedly walked away. We got in my car and drove towards the local store.

*****

When Lexi and I got back, more cars had surrounded Asia's massive house.
More kids from our school were there and the music was way louder than before.

Lexi and I took the bottles of beer from my car and pushed through the crowd of already drunk teenagers in bathing suits, and into the kitchen. We set the bottles on the counter, and brought some into the fridge.

I sighed and wiped my wet brow. "Finally!" I grumbled.

"Yes! Finally! We deserve some fun now. We've been doing way too much!" Lexi cheered, taking my hand. She chirped happily as she pulled me towards Asia's room.

I opened the door and we stepped in. Lexi took no time into tearing away her clothes. Underneath was a two piece pink bikini that perfectly showed her petite but curvy figure.

I laughed as she ran across Asia's room screaming about "having fun" and "getting turned up" and of course "lit". I took off my shirt and my shorts and looked at myself in the mirror across the room.

The swimsuit I was wearing suited me perfectly but it wasn't too revealing since it was paired with boy shorts. I looked okay. Well, I looked fine, as teenage boys would put it. Of course not as good as Asia did in her bikini, but I looked good.

I looked away from the mirror and followed Lexi who was running out of the room.

I ran after her. We ended running to Asia's backyard where her pool was. I watched in awe as Lexi ran to the edge of the pool and dived into the pool, creating a huge splash. Almost everbody who was near the pool or in it was spalshed with the cold water.

Lexi bursted into a fit of laughter. Soon everyone was laughing along with her. I laughed and jumped into the pool. The people in the pool started to splash each other with water, causing more laughter to fill the air.

The cold water around me brought a feeling of happiness and satisfaction to me.

Maybe this wasn't going to be such a bad day after all.