26

Opposing Signs

Opposing signs are actually quite similar, because they are concerned with the same theme. They are the same and only differ in degree, in their orientation and their viewpoint on that theme.

Aries - Libra

The opposition of relationships. Aries stands for the "I", for self-actualization, assertion, aggression, and egoism. Libra stands for the "You", for negotiating, relating, and compromising.

Taurus - Scorpio

The opposition of value. Taurus stands for the value in material things, for possessions, wealth, luxury, and indulgence. Scorpio stands for the value in immaterial things, for knowledge, shared resources, things that are sacred to us, like intimacy.

Gemini - Sagittarius

The opposition of learning. Gemini stands for lower intellect and education, for facts, data, details, and information and a diversity of interests. Sagittarius stands for higher intellect and education, for wisdom, beliefs, world views, the big picture and a specialization in a field of study.

Cancer - Capricorn

The opposition of family. Cancer has a maternal quality, it stands for emotional connection and nurturing, for the mother-child relationship. Capricorn has a paternal quality, it stands for the father figure, hard work and public representation. Described Cancer as the embracing arms and Capricorn as the supporting backbone and I loved that.

Leo - Aquarius

The opposition of individuation. Leo is about the glory of the self, about creating something and expressing one's individuality. Aquarius is about the connection of the group, about contributing to society and sharing passions with others.

Virgo - Pisces

The opposition of service and healing. Virgo stands for practical service, such as developing skills to help people, to be healthy. effective, organised and reliable. Pisces stands for spiritual service, for empathy, unconditional love, praying, meditation, fantasy, etc.