1

Copyright ©

Tegan's POV

Being human I found that that having a voice was something that you needed and wanted but with me i think being muted is the best i could ask for.

So then no one would speak to you or hear your screams as your being beaten to death bet your thinking why would i want to be mute well to be honest with you i haven't got the best life you can ask for and I wouldn't ask this of my enemy.

I get bullied by the people at school and when i get home i get bullied there by my father so for some reason i just stopped talking I've tried to speak but it wont work I guess this way at least no one would really want to be my friend not like I'm allowed to have them anyway because i have no voice when my father beats me no one could hear anything that's proberly why he hasn't been arrested yet...

I used to think things would be different but then life went on and everything that mattered didnt anymore, i used to believe that my mother would come home and take me and my little brother away from here and protect us from this man I call father but it never came and thats when i started giving up all hope.

My name is Tegan Coley, I'm 16 years old and I'm muted for a reason ill will tell you my story by showing you why my life isn't worth living any more...

****

Waking up in the middle of the night with pain going up my back from the punches that i have gotten from my father that night for not getting hes dinner done on time when he came home from work i wasn't able to get the dinner on as i was late getting my little brother from nursery.

Getting up from my bed and walked over to my bath room getting an cold compress and holding it on my side whilst wincing as i touched my ribs that was bruised up and i think some were broken too.

I bet you are wondering where my mother is well shes always at work around the world she's earns alot and puts almost every thing in mine or my little brothers bank account.

She has no clue what is happening to me but i think she would kill him if she knew but when she's home my father tells me if i tell my mother anything that hes done to me he would hurt my little brother who is 1 years old.

So you see why i don't tell her anything also why he hasn't done anything to my little brother yet but i have a feeling that he will when he gets older he first started doing these things to me when i was 12 years old and that's when i lost my voice.

Looking into my mirror to see another bruise under my eyes near my cheek bone, After looking after my bruises with a cold compress i went back to bed for the rest of the time i have until i go to school which is going to be hell. 

"TEGAN GET THE FUCK UP OUT OF BED NOW AND SORT OUT YOUR BRATTY BROTHER!!!" opening my eyes and look around the room to look at my alarm clock to see its 6:30AM which meant i only had 2 hour sleep since i got up to take care of my injuries should i say looking at the door to hear Jake crying loudly getting out of the bed fast and goes down stairs to make sure that my dad don't do anything to him.

'Baby, shh calm down'  thinking to myself thinking that he would hear me funny enough whilst picking him up and bouncing him to calm down.

'Come on baby we don't want to get into trouble again do we?' eventually he starts to giggle at me making me smile hearing my father walking into the living room smelling like booze once again to hear him say.

"Finally, that stupid baby wouldn't shut up" sitting down on the sofa that made a noise around him, he turned on the TV and then he wouldn't move now until night time which is when he will start beating me.