Chapter 6

Carters Pov
After my "date" with Caden I went home but as soon as I walked through the door I was dragged to the side by my stepmom.
"Spill"
"I don't know what you mean" I reply slowly.
"Don't give me this bullshit! What happened on your date with Caden? Are you going to give him a chance?"
"Well as a matter of fact I think I will give him a chance" I said while smiling.
"OMG!! My baby girl is in love I can already see it you guys are going to have the cutest children and be the image for the perfect couple!"
"Mommmmmmm I don't love him" I said while walking to my room.
But before I got out of ear shot she muttered something along the lines "at least not yet."

I woke you to the sounds of birds with  perfect hair and was all smiley.

As if!

My dad barged in my room telling me I had 10 minutes to get ready for school. But when I look into the mirror all I can see was a rats nest on the top of my head. Oh no was all that came to my mind.

I jumped into the shower and was out in 5 minutes. It was hot to day so I just threw on a white and black stripped dress with sunglasses and put all my school supplies in my black Kate Spade purse. For shoes o threw on a pair of black Jack Rogers. I ran down stairs and yelled bye to everyone that was home. Then I jumped into kaylas car and we were off to school with 5 minutes to spare.

When we got to school everyone walked up to me. Yeah I was popular but my only true friends was Kayla, Alex, and Ed while the rest of the people we either suck ups or wanted to be considered my friend so my dad wouldn't do anything to their families. Not that my dad wouldn't do anything in the first place. Among the crowd of people I found myself looking for 1 in particular. Caden. When I finally found him he was already staring at me. I went to walk over to him but Ed pulled me away from everyone.

"C we need to talk." Ed declared.
"What is it?" I asked
"Wellllllll I went to ask Alex out but I found him in a lip lock with Drew Hueman!!"
"Whoa as In Alex's enemy since 3rd grade?"
"YES. But I acted as if I didn't know they were their and walked in and Alex looked at me and started apologize nonstop but I just walked away"
"When did this happen?"
"At Tracy's party Friday night."
"Maybe he was drunk?"
"I don't know. But I'm still in love with him and I want to be with him I just don't know what to do" Ed said with tears in his eyes.

"Hey is little gayfer crying?" Duncan a boy from Caden's group called when he walked up to us.
"How about you shut the hell up before I shove your foot down your goddamn throat" I hissed.
"Woah calm down princess. I was only joking around" Duncan said while snaking his arm around my shoulder.
"You have 1 second to remove your arm before you end up in the hospital" I said In a dark voice.
"Aww a little thing like you couldn't hurt a fly"
With that I grabbed his hand a flipped him onto his back. Then I started to bend his wrist back.
"Carter stop" Ed said.
"No he disrespected me and you" I said with my voice full of authority.
"Carter I will unfriend you if you don't"
With that I kicked Duncan in the ribs and let go.
"Come on little miss. feisty pants" Ed said.
"I'm not wearing pants I have a dress on" I said.
"shut up" Alex said.
With that we walking to our lockers to meet up with Kayla and Alex.

Caden's Pov
       When I said Duncan strut towards Carter and Ed I knew he was up to no good to I was prepared to go comfort Carter. But the exact opposite happened of what I thought would. In less that and second Carter had Duncan on his back and was about to break his wrist if it weren't for Ed. But all I could think was wow I have a super sexy, kind, and badass future wife.

Authors Note
SORRY I TOOK FOREVER TO UPDATE PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!
I tried to write longer than I usually do so I hoped it was good enough for you readers!