You took the easy way out

Skylar's POV
"Skylar wake up! It's time for school!" Demi yelled throughout my room I reached for my phone and saw that it was 5 AM. "Demi what the hell are you doing waking me up at 5 in the fucking morning!" I say annoyed "I don't want to be late for my first day! Now come on get up you have 30 minutes" she says walking out of the room. I groaned as I got out of bed. I was not looking forward to today at all. Sooner or later Demi was gonna find out about the Ds I've been getting in Geometry and Spanish. I got ready for the day and grabbed an apple on the way out since Demi was already running late. "Alright see you in 6th period yea?" She asks "Yea see ya" I say getting out of the car I went into the cafeteria to get my usual hot chocolate that I always got since it was already that time of year again. Man I couldn't wait for Halloween. Blair,Brian and I always go trick or treating since there is no age limit to that. As I sat in my geometry class I couldn't concentrate because even though I knew that Demi didn't have a first period I knew she would look up stuff about her students. I know her and her curiosity gets the best of her she may be looking at my records at this very moment and there's no way for me to keep her from them. "Skylar can you tell me how these two triangles are congruent?" The teacher asks shit I wasn't paying attention. "Ummmm those two?" I ask pointing to the ones on the board while he nods. I looked down at a blank piece of note paper. "Umm Side Angle Side?" I say guessing "Yea good job Skylar" he says and then goes on to explain how they are congruent by that. Whew that was a close one but way to go me for figuring that out. As the day went on my Anxiety got worse until I finally couldn't take it so I raised my hand in Spanish to ask if I could use the restroom. What I really did was text Blair and Brian to do the same and to meet me at the bleachers. "Why'd you want us to come kid?" Brian asks "Cause you know how Demi is the new choir teacher?" I say "Yea and?" Blair asks "And she could go through my records Blair. She could look at my grades how many detentions I've gotten I just need a release" I say "Hey we know how you feel kid I mean I'd be freaking out if my mom ever got a job for the school." Brian says "Yea babe whatever you need We're here for you." Blair says "Thanks guys but I could really use a cig right now" I say "Then you've come to the right people kid. Here have one." He says taking out a pack. I knew they didn't quit they just don't try to pressure me but they know when I really need it they'll give it to me. I haven't had a cigarette since the Neon lights tour when Demi caught me. I stared at the pack until I shrugged my shoulders I mean I was dead anyway so might as well. I took one out and lit it with the lighter that I still had on my keychain. I sat back and just let the poison stick calm my anxiety. After a couple of more cigarettes we went back to our classes. Luckily no one noticed I was gone for long guess they must have thought I took the long way to the bathroom. Towards the end of 5th period I was starting to dred choir more than I ever would if Ms.Bitchface was still here. As the bell rang I said goodbye to my teacher and then I went into the choir room. I was the first one in there but as more people were piling in Demi came up to me and pulled me aside. "You and me are having a talk after class. So don't go anywhere." She says in a pissed tone something tells me she must've looked through my records. "Why do you smell like smoke?" She asks I shrugged "No reason" I say as the bell rings. "Looks like you've got a class to teach Miss Lovato" I say going to my seat. "Alright class well as you can tell Ms.B is no longer with us" Demi says "What? Did she die?" Says a random person "No she um sorta quit" Demi says "Alright we got rid of the witch guys!" Brian says as we all cheered. "Alright alright settle down. Now I can't promise that things will go back to the way things were when Ms.Jenson was here but I can promise that I will do everything in my power to make sure you guys enjoy this class" Demi says we all cheered once again as we all stood up and got ready for warm ups. Demi taught the class some silly warm ups she does before she gets on stage. We even taught her some that we remember. We went through some songs we already knew that Ms.Bitchface picked out for us. But since she was the teacher now she said that she was gonna pick out some new ones during Christmas break. The class actually calmed me a little but then as the bell rang and everyone flooded it. I realized that now it was only Demi and I. Well this is going to be fun. I followed Demi into the office and she sat down in a chair and started typing something on the computer I leans against the wall and saw that she was pulling up my record. "What the hell is this!!" She says as she points to my grades. A couple of Ds and Bs and an A. "Um my grades" I say "Don't try getting smart with me Sky. Why the hell are you getting a D in Geometry and Spanish. Wasn't it what last week you brought home an A on a test and now this!" She says getting angry "Well high school is harder than it looks Demi! I have 6 fucking classes that I have to balance. Sometimes I'll have work from all of them and sometimes I won't and sometimes I'll forget and won't remember until the next day! I'm doing everything I can Demi!!" I say "Oh don't give that High school is hard bullshit Skylar. You want to know what's really hard. Life! You get judged every little second and you never get a God damn break!" She says "You know what Demi you should be happy I'm at least trying this year! Last year I didn't give a shit what my grade was or how many detentions I got or if I got suspended! It got so bad the Dean knew my name" I say "Well Skylar that was the past every year is a fresh start and it's your choice to make it or break it. And seriously Skylar your smoking again?!" She says "it was a one time thing unlike you Demi I can control myself" I say "Skylar don't you dare bring up my mistakes you know that I regret all that shit!" She says "Oh yeah well do you regret being pulled out of school and being homeschooled while your little sister was forced to go to a school where everyone hated her. Where she had no friends nothing and her own fucking sister wasn't even there for her! You took the easy way out Demi! As for me there's no way out of this hell hole other than graduation! You have no say in whether high school is hard or not because you haven't been through it" I say I was clenching my fists tightly I was so mad and it wasn't because of my grades or because Demi was yelling at me it's because I was dissapointed in myself because I didn't try hard enough because I never try hard enough. "I need some space just leave me alone" I say walking out of the classroom. "Skylar wait!" She says but it was too late. I had hid a penny board in the bushes just in case I needed to get away and I went to the only place i knew that someone would understand what I was going through or at least could comfort me. Fifth Harmony's House.
A/N:Well that was kinda Drama filled sorry if it sucked. Well what do you guys think should happen next? Vote and Comment yea? Okay well love you guys and oh Happy Thanksgiving!