5 years before

"Joe! Luna! You made it" Joe slid his arm around my waist and led me through the door "Nice to meet you, Mrs.Anoi" I smiled at her and pulled her in "How's High school going for you two?" She took my hand and pulled me to the couch "Good, I guess. I'm still trying to get Joe to understand that good grades are just as important as football" Joe finally sat beside me "I'll go check on the food!" She got up and shuffled into the kitchen, I looked at Joe and he pressed his lips to mine. I smiled and he pulled me closer, I rested my hands on his shoulders and pushed him away just as his mom walked in "Everythings done! Let's go" Joe was right behind her and he pulled me behind him, we walked into the dining area and Joe's family was surrounding the table. Patricia pointed to one side "There are two seats left for you next to his sister Summer" he sat at the end and I sat near Summer. She looked at me and smiled "What's your name?" "Luna, I'm Joe's girlfriend" she gasped "Joe! This is your girlfriend?? How did you manage to pull off this?" Someone from across the table looked up "Damn! You did good little brother!" They stood up and high fived each other, when he sat down I poked him in the ribs "Hey!" He grabbed my wrist and kissed my lips "Eww, P.D.A!" A girl with dark black hair and a shit ton of makeup on strutted in the room "Eww, mom I think someone let an infection in" Summer's face twisted up in disgust "Summer! I invited Leah, just because they aren't together anymore doesn't mean we drop her from the family! We're all she has" Joe chuckled "I wonder why" Leah looked at him and winked, he wrapped his arm around me and looked to me "You Alright?" I blinked a few times "Yeah, just entirely confused" he chuckled and pecked my nose "Leah is my ex girlfriend. Nothing serious, she's just bitter." I looked over at her while she was all over- who I think- is Joe's older brother. I bit my bottom lip, what if Joe goes back to her? She has a supermodel body and face with perfect hair...how did he go from her to me? She obviously doesn't see me as competition, she doesn't even seem effected by Joe having his arm around me. She has to be in college or something, I've never seen her in our highschool and she looks way to old to be a teenager. I wonder why she was with Joe, he's younger than her and- "Alright everyone! Time to eat!"I noticed that the platters of food had been placed all around the table "What's wrong?" I looked up at him "What do you mean?"  "You always play with your bracelet when something bothers you" true... "I'm fine" I could feel him staring at the side of my face as I looked down at the bracelet on my wrist, plates got handed out and food was being passed around the table. I filled up my plate and begun to eat "Eww, this is to many carbs!" Leah exclaimed before standing up, Summer broke her conversation and looked at her "Leah, what are you doing?!" "Giving this to the only pig would that would eat it" she dropped the plate in front of me and walked back to her seat, I stood up and ran to Joe's bedroom and locked the door behind me. I leaned against the door and slid to the floor, what's her problem? Why is she being so harsh to me! If she's jealous because I have Joe she shouldn't be, if anything she has more of an advantage than me... "Luna?" Joe knocked on the door, my face was wet with tears that I didn't even know were there "Can you open the door, doll?" I silently cried to myself , he sighed "Please?" I unlocked the door and slid away from it, he opened it and got on his knees in front of me "Ignore her, okay? She's just jealous of you"  he took my hand and pulled me into his chest, after a while I stood up "Alright let's go" "I have to use the bathroom, I'll be down in a bit" I nodded and left. When I got back to the table all eyes were on me "You alright, honey? I'm sorry I inv- " "it's fine, you wouldn't have known that this would happen" I gave her a smile "Where is she?" I looked around "She excused herself to the bathroom right after you ran off....everyone is leaving, you staying "  "Of course" she pulled me up to her room and turned on her T.V "Netflix?" "Yes! Let's watch the Notebook" she turned the lights out as the movie started.
-
-
"Luna? Luna!" Summer shook me, I must've fallen asleep. The the T.V had turned off "Yeah? What's wrong?" I said sleepily while rubbing my eyes "I do you hear that?" I waited and sure enough there was a faint sound "Who else is here?" "No one. My mom and dad went out on a date and Joe went to football practice" ......Joe doesn't have practice on weekends "Are you sure" "Positive" she turned on the lights and we peeked into the hall, for some reason my body pulled me to Joe's door...I grabbed the handle and twisted it open. Immediately after, I slammed it shut and my body went weak "I-i" I choked on my words "Luna? What's wrong" "Summer, Joe doesn't have practice on the weekends" she shrugged "So then, it was Joe-" "Yeah. And Leah" She looked confused "Oh" tears rolled down my cheeks and finally the bedroom door opened to reveal Joe in just a shirt and his boxers "Luna-" my hand came up across his cheek hard enough for the neighbors to hear it "Why! Joe, how could you be such an asshole!" "Luna, doll-" "Don't, just..I'm done. I'm going home" "You don't mean that, come on! " "Yes, I do. "