Chapter 6

I woke up pretty early the next morning thinking no one would be I up and I could just leave a note then go see Rachel and Sam. My plans were totally ruined though when I go down stairs to find Stefan in the kitchen. 

     " Good morning, your up early. You planning on going somewhere?" He said. I could tell he was suspicious of me. I would be too if I saw a 13 year old up early in the morning. "Ummm I was just gonna go see my friends at the Grill. Can I?". I asked for permission cause I knew he wouldn't let me go if I didn't ask. Stefan seemed like a good guy and he's been really nice to me so I decided I'd be nice to him. "Sure just let me give you me and Damon's number in case you run into any trouble". He put his number into my phone. Why does he think I'm gonna get into trouble? I've lived in this town my whole  life. I think I would know if there was any trouble. "What are you doing up this early, Stef? If I can call you that." I said. I was curious about what he was doing after hearing their conversation last night. 

         "I was gonna meet up with my friend Vicky. She needs my help with something." he said. " Do you want a ride to the Grill.". I thought about but I said" Nah I'm good". I thought I might of hurt his feelings so I quickly said" Can you pick me up though?" Stef smiled at me. "Yeah what time?" I thought about this. It's like 8:00 now. "10:00 thanks Stef see you soon" . "Bye" he called out and I left. 

-----------------------------------------------------------Time Skip---------------------------------------------------------------

        I walked in to the Grill and saw Sam and Rachel. I walked toward the booth they were sitting at. They saw me and they both got up and gave me a hug. We all sat down and started talking. "How did you convince John to let you come back?" Sam asked. When he asked this I had a guilty look on my face and shifted in my seat. " You didn't even ask, did you? Oh Lil you are going to be in so much trouble" Rache said. She was right I knew I was gonna be in trouble. "I know but I had to, I hadn't heard from my dad in weeks and I wanted to make sure he was okay" I said. After that I told them what I heard last night. They thought it was weird but maybe it was just some code words or something. I highly doubted it. 

        Then I saw Elena Gilbert walk in. I was friends with her but we didn't talk to much recently. John Gilbert is actually her uncle. She saw me and walked right up to my table. I knew I was in trouble then. 

    "Hey guys I'm sorry but Lily gonna have to come with me. She's in trouble" Elena said. They looked at me and mouthed good luck. Then I got up and went with Elena. 

    "Hold on Elena before we go I have to call my cousin Stef. He was gonna pick me up here". I said. She gave me a confused look. "Your Stefans cousin." " Yeah do you know him?" I said "Yeah" she said. 

     I called Stef and told him I was going to Elenas house. He said he would meet me there later. Then off we went to Elenas house