Chapter 13

We parked the car outside the grill. I was excited. It was the first party since I came back home. Everyone knows there will probably be a thousand more though. Mystic falls is known for how many celebrations it has a year. There were close to no parties in the town I was staying at with John. So I was happy to get back to all the celebrations.

On the way I texted Rachel and Sam to tell them about the party. Sure it was a high school party but I wasn't gonna be there with just my cousins and my high school friends. They said they could come for a little while but they had to be home soon. Ever since I got back I've noticed I have more freedom then them. I guess it because I basically don't have parents anymore. I never had a mom and now I don't even know were my dad is. Never mind about that for now. It's time to party!

"Come on Day( my new nickname for him) lets go to the party!!" I said. I smiled made its way to my face. I can get a little to excited.

"Ok calm down princess" he told me. I guess he could see I can get pretty excited too. "Yeah yeah. Is Caroline gonna be here?" I asked. I wanted to see my bubbly blonde friend. "Ummm it's her party so I believe so" he told me. I smiled even wider and ran inside. I looked around to see if I could find anyone I knew.

Damon went off on his own and I walked over to a table. Then I heard something behind me. "Omg Ann!!!!!". I turned around and there was Caroline. She was another person I was really close to. Maybe closer then anyone else. When I was younger and she used to babysit me all the time. Care would bring Bonnie and Elena with her. I became great friends with all of them. Since it was only me and my dad at the house I always needed someone to talk about girly things with. The person was Caroline. Oh and the nickname was one of a kind. Care said she wanted a name for me that no one else had. Everyone called me Lily or Lils. So she came up with Ann.

"Care!!!! It's so good to see you!!" I squealed and pulled her in for a hug. "Ok as soon as possible we have to go to the mall and talk about everything you did while you were gone."she told me. I laughed. "Definitely ". "Okay how about tomorrow? I'll pick you up at your house." Care told me. She had a stern look on her so I knew not to argue. "Ok that sounds great" I told her. She smiled and then looked at someone over my shoulder. "Alright see you tomorrow" she said and then walked over to Bonnie. I'll have to say hi to Bonnie later.

A few minutes later Sam and Rachel walked in. I waved them over and they came and sat down. Rach on my left and Sam across from us. "So in guessing your not in trouble. How come you can get away with anything?" Sam said. "I guess I'm just that good" l said with a laugh. "Yeah sure you are" Rach said. To which I whacked her. Then we got into a whacking fight. "Ladies ladies enough" Sam said breaking up the fight. Then me and Rachel looked at each other then whacked Sam. "Hey!" He said. "Opps" me and Rachel replied with a giggle. "So are your new cousins here?" Rachel asked. I could tell she was really curious. "Umm yup there" I pointed to Stef "and there." I pointed to Damon. "They seem suspicious" Sam said. I gave an awkward laugh. "No no nothing suspicious" I said. I'm usually good at keeping a secret but whenever I have to keep something from Rachel and Sam I get nervous. Anybody else I would of been fine.

They looked at me weirdly. "Ok you weirdo" Rache told me. For a good hour we all just sat there laughing and talking. Just like we use to. Before my dad sent me away. Before I learned about the supernatural. Before everything became much more difficult. I miss it but I wouldn't change anything right now. If I did I wouldn't of met Stefan and Damon. After a little while Sam spoke up. "Sadly Lils me and Rach have to get going." I frowned. "Awww you guys are party poopers." I said . "We'll see you later" they called out sat they walked out the door. Leaving me alone again.