Chapter 12

I've been sitting in my room for at least an hour. In the room across the hall Stef and Lexi are talking about Elena. Which as you tell isn't a conversation in really interested in. I have my sketchbook out and I'm trying to draw something from memory. Every once and awhile I'll have a dream  over and over again for a few days. Sometimes it's a brand new dream or one that I've already had. They're strange  though. They feel so real almost like a memory. But extremely fuzzy. Right now my sketch is of a meadow or some kind of field. It's filled with flowers and trees and just looks so peaceful. When I dream about it I'm running through the field. I'm laughing and have the biggest smile across my face. Even though I can't see them I can tell someone is chasing me.          

                I brought out of my thoughts when I hear a knock on my door. Expecting it to be Stef or Lexi I shouted come in. To my unpleasant surprise it was Damon. I mean I don't totally hate him but I couldn't believe what he did. It's his fault Vicky is dead. I don't usually place blame but this is life and death we are talking about. 

           "Hello princess" he said as he walked in. Great I've earned a nickname. I don't mind though. "Yup I am a princess" I calmly replied. He smirked at me. "So what is the princess doing locked up in her room or should I say tower? " Damon kept the conversation going. "What else would I be doing?" I countered. "While Caroline is throwing a party at the Grill I thought you might wanna go. " he told me. I liked the thought of a party. Especially with everything that's been going on. "I might wanna go" I said. He chuckled a little. "Come on I'll give you a ride. I know you mad at me so think of it as making up for that" he must of seen my hesitation. "I won't hurt you I promise. I already ate today. " he joked. I hope he was joking at least. Again how I felt was displayed on my face. "I'm kidding".

          "Let me just grab my coat and bag and I'll meet you at the door"I told him. He shook his head yes and left my room. I went into my closet and grabbed my favorite coat. Then I picked up my backpack and put in my sketchbook and my phone. Everything else was already in there. With my bag over my shoulder I walked out the door and was about to go down the stairs. Then I decided I better tell Stef first. 

          I knocked and he opened up the door. "Umm Stef I'm just gonna head down to the Grill for Care's party." I told him. "Are you walking? Me and Lexi are going too so I can give you a ride if you want." He offered. I smiled "No it's fine Damon's giving me a ride." He looked extremely worried when I said that. "Don't worry I'll be fine I'm pretty tough" I said. "Ok I'll see you down there" he told me. 

         I ran downstairs and found Damon at the door. He opened it up for me and I went outside. Jumping into his car a smile crept onto my face. I was happy to get out of the house. Damon got in and he stared up the car and we were off. We stared talking and I realized Damon wasn't that bad. Sure he had a bad guy act but I could see through it. He was just a good guy who didn't always make the best decisions. He could be mean but right now he was being nice to me. And I appreciated it. Maybe me Damon could be good friends

        I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever. I hoped you guys liked it though. I know it wasn't that good. But thanks for reading