Five: The Infamous Game of Truth or Dare

Chapter Five: The Infamous Game of Truth or Dare

“What the hell is your problem, Davidson?” some guy on the Arithmates snapped at me. We were currently having a practice match before the real game on Friday.

“What are you talking about?” I asked as innocently as I could.

“Serena,” Holly, the captain and Uranus’ girlfriend, began to speak as she rubbed her temples with two fingers, “Could you please stop buzzing in if you don’t know the answer?”

“But I’m testing how fast my reflexes are!” I complained, making sure to glare at all of the Arithmates.

“Whatever, I’m leaving.” The guy who snapped at me earlier stood up angrily and started to leave. “I can’t believe I moved two states over for this God damn, stupid team,” were his final words as he slammed the classroom door behind him.

“Well,” Holly broke the eerie silence that we had fallen into after angry guy left, “I think that’s going to be it for that day. I think we all need a little time to cool off.”

“Sweet,” I said as I stood up whilst throwing stuff into my backpack.

The Arithmates, except Holly who had a look of relief, glared at me as I left.

“We are so screwed on Friday,” I heard one of the girls said as I went through the door.

Well, that’s what you get for asking me to join.

:::x:::O:::x:::

“Are you just going to stare at it?” Kurt asked me as he came into the living room.

“Yes, Kurt. I am. Four-hundred and fifty dollars just went down the toilet,” I said zombie-like as I stared at the new fat suit that had yet to be taken from its box. “I knew I should have read the terms and conditions before I ordered it. Stupid no return policy.”

“Rena, no one reads those. It’s not your fault.”

“Yes, it is! I should have never agreed to help Uranus.” I snickered in my mind a bit. That name still cracks me up.

“What does my butt have to do with this?” Kurt asked, and then tried to get a look of his butt in the mirror.

I couldn’t keep the smile off of my face. “I meant Cashier Guy. His middle name is Uranus.”

Kurt had the same reaction I did and soon we were both laughing.

“Rena, I think I have an idea,” he told me as soon as he stopped laughing.

After ten short minutes, Kurt and I were face to face, both us trying not to laugh. We were now both in fat suits. Well, Kurt was only partially in his. He was too tall for the suit, so it fit him weirdly.

“I’m going to crush you,” I said viciously.

Kurt smirked. “Not if I cheat.”

“No fair!” I exclaimed as he rammed into me, knocking me over.

“I warned you,” he replied matter-of-factly.

“Kurt wins!” I heard my dad shout as he passed by the living room. I bet he was shaking his head at our immaturity right now.

“I won in spirit!” I childishly shouted back at him, being the sore loser I was.

“Rena, how do you walk in these?” Kurt asked as he waddled gracelessly around the living room. “Is this how sumo wrestlers feel?”

“It is when they lose!” I lamely called before slamming into him, but all I did was push him a couple inches the other way.

“Nope, I’m still the winner,” Kurt declared smugly and pushed me back, but I, having a dysfunctional cerebellum, fell over onto my back.