Chapter 2

Five years later

His name was Demon. In every language of the known Universe it meant the same thing and it suited him perfectly. He was a creature of darkness and destruction that no one could look at without fear.

He was the strongest.

He was the deadliest.

That's all he ever was.

Haarssiansaall, the head scientist became his mentor. It was really too strong of a word to be used in reference to the green alien.

Haarssiansaall was the one who supplied all the needed information to the "newborn" creature.

As soon as Gohan (Demon) regained consciousness in the lab, that fateful day after his transformation he felt empty. He could still remember the feeling of painful emptiness that he was forced to feel that day. There were no memories, no knowledge, noting - his mind was blank. That terrified the boy. He knew nothing about what happened or what was supposed to happen. He was just there.

He was on the verge of breaking.

He couldn't stand the emptiness.

He was on the edge of insanity.

The ship shook with his power.

At that same moment strange creatures warrior-bots came into the chamber. Compared to his own size they looked like fierce giants but the boy didn't care. They were called warrior-bots but Gohan didn't know that yet. He didn't know anything.

He destroyed them all.

He did not stop until nothing was left but tiny little peaces.

More giants came, he dealt with them the same way.

It surprised him how easy it was to kill these creatures.

While fighting Gohan felt his madness go away. He felt complete and happy. The emptiness was filled.

After there was nothing more to destroy Gohan regained control of his emotions.

Then he heard a voice. Haarssiansaall was speaking to the boy through some kind of speakers that were built into walls. He was actually too scared to come into the room.

That was a beginning of very lasting arraignment.

After that first day in the lab, and scaring the crap out of every creature on the ship, he became known to everyone as Demon.

It took little to no time for the boy to learn the new language. It took him even less time to understand what was going on.

He was created by this Haarssiansaall and his race of scientists to protect them and to kill their enemies.

His sole purpose in life was to fight.

Over the years Haarssiansaall provided everything necessary for Gohan's development. He had clothes, food it and the best training facility in the universe.

Haarssiansaall also trained Gohan's mind. The boy's superior brain was filled with all available information. It was all sorted and stored by Gohan's brain for later use.

His training room was created to isolate him from the ship to save it from being destroyed by Gohan's power. It was made to be a kind of hole in time and space. Inside of it time didn't exist, space didn't exist, person's worst nightmares would come true and everything was a hazard. It was great for training or torture.

Gohan also learned that he was a freak.

Haarssiansaall and others took great pleasure in explaining his place to him. They were respectful and mostly fearful in their superiority.

During the years, Gohan, with his enchanted senses, got more than an earful of comments about himself and wherever he went, he could smell fear.

He learned to deal with it.

He trained.

He studied.

He survived.

He didn't care.

***

Haarssiansaall was thinking about his creation.

This breed was truly a fearsome creature. It was all the old man could do to stop himself from running away in fear every time he came in contact with the Demon.

It's been a while now since the transformation was complete. Now that he was absolutely certain of his success Haarssiansaall started to plan on how to best use this creature.

It was time to use this being to their advantage.

Demon would destroy all their enemies one by one, conquer the universe and make them the leaders.

Yes, it was time.

Haarssiansaall was already thinking of who to destroy first.

Demon was a powerful weapon. Whoever controlled him was in control of the whole world.

What Haarssiansaall didn't count on was that Demon had a mind of his own…