Chapter 10

Gohan was frustrated. He wasn't irritated because there was no sign of Kibito. He wasn't even angry about being stuck on this planet, not as angry about it as before. And Demon definitely didn't care about killing the android or anyone else who stood in his way. The reason for his head ache was his own illogical behavior.

He stayed with the human.

When he saw the tears run down the woman's cheeks Demon couldn't help himself. He stayed. Now, the woman was happy. Demon was spitting mad.

Presently, they were still at Capsule Corporation and his mother was talking to the blue haired scientist. The rest of the creatures were mostly at ease and running around doing their business. Main building needed major repairs, according to the blue haired scientist. Demon didn't realize just how much damage he actually did. According to the report Bulma received damage was excessive. She was glaring daggers at him ever since. Apparently she got over her fear of him - as long as he didn't come too close.

It looked like everyone but his mother and Prince Vegeta, Demon finally found out the name of the alien, were wary of him. Not that he minded or cared.

Chi-Chi, his mother, was happy now. Demon signed. He couldn't take her tears for some reason. That's why he stayed at Capsule Corporation.

"Will you stay? Promise me that you will stay." His mother asked him. Demon stubbornly kept his mouth shut. He had no desire to live with these humans, even if he was related to one of them. But than a salty scent hit his sensitive nose and he saw Chi-Chi's eyes fill with tears once again. Demon hated to see this particular woman cry.

"I will stay with you… for now." Demon promised, immediately regretting it. He was getting soft. It stopped his mother from crying and it did put different degrees of shock on everyone's faces.

Demon smirked. He will stay. But there were no rules to constrict him. He could do whatever he wanted. Different ideas were running through his mind as he looked over the humans.

His smirk became purely evil. It didn't make anyone in the room feel better or safer being around him.

After realizing that he is going to stay Bulma took her best friend aside, and away from Demon, for a private chat. She, of course, didn't realize that Demon, who went to lean against the wall farthest away from everyone, could hear every word.

"Chi, are you crazy? What do you think you are doing? Inviting him to stay? He is dangerous, if you didn't notice. He just threatened to kill us all." Bulma went on and on with reasons as to why Demon shouldn't be invited to stay. Demon himself wholeheartedly agreed with the woman.

His mother had different ideas. She immediately proceeded to give them all to the blue haired scientist in a rather loud voice. People on the other side of the universe could probably hear parts of it like "my little baby" and "he stays with me".

Demon, standing as far as he was, almost winced at the volume. Quickly getting his senses under control Demon continued to stand there, thinking over what he should do next.

After listening to the conversation Demon understood that his mother still didn't realize what he was. Chi-Chi held on to the illusions about her little angel with a death grip.

She will see how wrong she is with time. Demon decided. He could stay with her until Kibito shows up or he grows tired of waiting. Which ever one comes first.

So now, couple hours later Demon was quietly standing by the wall while everyone else were going about their business. Vegeta was ignoring him. Bulma was still deep in conversation with Chi-chi and the other two humans were trying hard to enter the conversation. Females were too absorbed in their exchange to acknowledge anyone else in the room.