Chapter 1

Jadelyn

I didn't know that the last time I saw my mum, I would be four years old, and then become terrified to be anywhere without my dad, because I was scared I would lose him like I lost mummy too.

"Daddy no!" I scream, as he attempted to leave me with one of my uncles.

"Baby girl please. Daddy promises he will come back, I'll be back before you go to bed." He coos taking my small hands in his, I shake my head crying harder.

"No daddy! Mummy was supposed to come back too! Her didn't!" I cry holding onto his leg.

Liam sighed softly and picked me up. "Baby please. How can daddy get you to stop crying?" He coos bouncing me softly desperate for the ear piercing cries to stop.

"Don't go!" I cry, nodding my head clinging to him.

He sighs. "You'll stay here with Uncle Harry and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!" He coos softly, smiling.

That night had become a pretty important night, it was a big step in my separation anxiety which kept me clung to Liam. I actually allowed him to leave, and was a well behaved kid. I was just happy my dad came home. He tucked me in and I fell right asleep.

The next day, I woke up and giggled softly crawling out of my bed and into my dads room, up onto his bed and on his chest sitting down. "Daddy! Wake up!" I giggle.

His eyes open and he smiles as soon as he sees me. "Good morning, baby girl! What do you want for breakfast?" He asks smiling softly, sitting up and setting me in his lap, bouncing me up and down.

I squeal loudly and giggle. "Eggies and sausage!" I cheer squirming off his lap and guiding him to the stairs, very carefully walking down them.

He chuckles and sets me in my seat that had a small boost on it, handing me some crayons and a coloring book to keep me busy while he makes breakfast. "Did you have fun with Uncle Harry?" He asks, beating the eggs.

I nod smiling. "We built a fort and watched movies!" I say happily.

"I'm glad you had fun baby, would you want to do something like that again with Uncle Harry?" He asks and I shrug softly thinking about it.

"I guess I would."

"I'm proud of you baby girl, you're getting to be such a big girl!" He coos and I smile nodding happily.

After that, my anxiety slowly got better, but even as I got older I was still pretty attached to Liam, even now that I am seventeen, I still had my moments.