Chapter 11

Jadelyn

On Sunday, I woke up around 10:00am, I went downstairs and had breakfast, I got a text from Clay like three minutes after I finished my breakfast.

'I'm picking you up at 11:15, be ready.'

'Okie dokie.'

I rush upstairs glad I showered last night. I sigh softly and look at my closet, unsure what to wear. I call Leslie.

"I have no clue what to wear on my date with Clay, help." I whine over the phone.

"Well do you still have that yellow sundress with the bow on the belt?" She asks.

I go wide eyed, that was perfect, honestly. I look through my closet and finally find it. "YES! Thank you!" I squeal smiling and laying it down on my bed.

"You're welcome, make sure you wear the nude shoes with it."

I dig those out of the closet once I hang up. I sigh in relief and look at my makeup, using nude colors to kind of match the heels. I grab a purse as well, to match the heels. I check the time, 11:00am, there is no way. I sigh and try and give my hair a wave pulling on the dress and heels, walking downstairs right as Clay knocks on the door. I smile and open the door. "Come in. I gotta say bye to dad." I smile nodding.

I walk upstairs and smile. Dad spent Sundays lounging around in his room, I usually joined him, but I had started using Sundays as Clay and I's date day. "Bye daddy." I smile and lean over to kiss his cheek.

"Bye angel, be safe and have fun." He says and kisses my head. "You look so pretty." He coos.

I smile and blush. "Thank you, I'll text you when I'm on my way home." I say as I walk downstairs, lacing my hands with Clay and smiling as we lead the way out to his car.

He opens my door and I smile, chuckling softly. The park wasn't far from my house, so it was about a ten minute drive. It was a nice spring day, not one of the rainy ones, but the one where its 65 degrees outside and the breeze is nice and cool, but not to hard to where it was cold.

I smile and slip into his car. "You look nice." I giggle, he looked like he was in church clothes, which he probably was. I smile and giggle looking at all the cones out on the soccer field where we usually played. "Are we seriously playing soccer with me in these death trap heels and a dress?" I ask as he opens my door and instantly covers my eyes.

"No we are not, my mother would KILL me if I even thought about getting grass stain in these khakis." He chuckles and shakes his head. "Step up." He smiles. I follow his instructions and realize that we are at the top of the playground, once he uncovers my eyes.

I blink and try to adjust to the bright lights before he points me in the direction of the soccer field. I look over the cones and finally realize they were organized and clustered to spell out the word prom. I squeal and gasp, covering my mouth. "Yes yes yes! Of course I will!" I giggle and hug him tightly and kiss him, my lips parting so he could deepen the kiss.

He smiles and pulls away. "I've never been so happy to go to prom before, especially with such a beautiful girl." He whispers and I blush and rest my head against his chest.

"Thank you, I dunno what I would do without you, a-and this is scary to say b-but I really honestly think that I love y-you." I whisper and look up at him.

"I've known for ages that I love you, I just didn't wanna scare you, but I love you too." He whispers and smiles, kissing my head sweetly.

I giggle happily and walk down with him sitting on the picnic blanket and taking my heels off and setting them down chuckling. "Ooh did you bring strawberries?" I smile seeing the container.

"Mhm, and they're chocolate covered." He grins.

I grin and nod, looking in the basket giggling. "I made us salads because they're easier." He shrugs and hands me a salad with Italian dressing and his had ranch of course. I smile and nod. "Oh and your favorite, peach flavored water." He smiles.

I lean over and kiss his cheek. "You're the best." I grin.

I smile and mix up my salad taking a bite.

"So are you gonna go dress shopping with your dad?" He chuckles.

"Yes because he has to approve or he will flip out and I could bring home a dress that Mother Teresa would consider too conservative, and he'd say it showed too much skin." I chuckle softly shaking my head.

"Oh right, he does that." He giggles.

"He does that." I laugh shaking my head.

"Just make sure you text me a picture of the dress so I can get a tie to match, yeah?" He smiles and I nod.

"I will, of course." I say and nod.

After we finish our salads, I open the box of strawberries giggling happily and taking one, feeding it to him while he feeds one to me.

"Mmm these are great, baby." I smile and nod giggling.

"Well I'm glad you like them, I made them just for you." He smiles and kisses my head. I laugh and lay back letting him feed me strawberries.

"Today was perfect." I whisper smiling.