Chapter 9

Jadelyn

I wake up early on Friday morning sighing softly, today was a pretty important day, my first time sneaking out, and our first time at the championship game since 1996, almost twenty years. I get ready and kiss dads cheek before driving to school, I spend the whole day thinking about sneaking out, it always made my hands sweat.

As Clay and I walk down the stairs from our 6th period class and out to the east wing parking lot where he and I park our cars. "Don't be so worried honey, I've snuck out loads of times." He shrugs chuckling softly as he lets go of my hand and heads off towards his car.

"Yeah, but you're probably an expert at it!" I yell scoffing.

I get in my car and drive home, spending most of my time upstairs to avoid being around dad, otherwise he would know something is up.

Around 4:30 he comes upstairs, "Hey honey. Is something bothering you? You've been awfully quiet today, is something wrong?" Dad asks, coming to sit beside me.

"No daddy, I've just been reading." I say pointing to my book on my night stand, shrugging.

"Oh I see, well dinner will be ready in a couple of hours, I'll leave you alone."

After dinner, I manage to straighten my hair, telling dad it was so I didn't have to do it all tomorrow, and I could just touch it up since I would finally be 'ungrounded', which I guess since I was sneaking out, I really never was grounded anyways.

Around 8:30pm, Clay had texted me that he was almost there. I take a deep breath and grab my phone, worried about all of this, I slip out of the back door, using my phone flashlight to jog the two blocks down the street. I finally spot Clay's old black cobalt, I slip in his car, smiling at him. Honestly, he's so gorgeous. He has pretty blonde hair that was fluffy and murky green and brown eyes. I smile and kiss him quickly, before he puts the car in drive, coasting out of the subdivision.

"Well you haven't gotten caught yet, that's a good sign." He grins as we hit the city limits, crossing a bridge getting into Summersville. I laugh. "True, true." I say turning up the radio to keep my mind off the worry of sneaking out, singing along to whatever is on the radio.

Meanwhile back at home, Liam had gotten up to check on Jade, noticing that she wasn't in her bed. He sighs softly knowing that she's with Clay at that damn championship game. "Dammit." He mumbles under his breath, walking downstairs. He makes himself some coffee deciding to stay home so he could have a chat with her when she sneaks back in.

Clay pays for my ticket and smiles giving the two tickets to the two girls at the table. "Get a good seat yeah?" He grins grabbing his duffle bag and running over to our teams locker room.I smile and sit with the other students. The same girl from the last game is here, I recently learned her name is Camille.

I sit a few rows down from her and her crew, standing up when our band performs our fight song, clapping and cheering. I sit down when its the other teams turn, smiling softly. I love the whole energy of games like these, they were always so fun. I was sitting with a few of my friends, one being my other best friend Leslie. We talk about a lot of things and before I know it the game is over and my anxiety about sneaking out is back. Its around 12am when we get back in the city, we had stopped to eat with some friends as well.

I sigh and slip out of Clay's car and walk down the two blocks, stepping into the dewwy grass, sighing softly as it sticks to my shoes brushing them off once I get on the deck so dad doesn't have any reason to be suspicious. I slip my key in the lock, turning it slowly to avoid making any noise if at all possible.

I step inside and sigh softly, not seeing anyone and everything exactly how I left it, I untie my shoes and start to walk upstairs. "And just what do you think you're doing?" I hear Dad's voice boom as soon as my toe touches the steps.

I screech and spin around. "Dad!" I say wide eyed.

"Yeah, I noticed you weren't out of your bed! I thought that was funny but then I realized you'd been acting funny all damn day, so I hoped you were at that damn ball game, even though you're grounded! You snuck out? I dunno who you think you are, young lady, but no means no! Do you understand me? You better not EVER, scare me like that again!" He says, his voice loud causing me to jump.

"I-I I'm sorry daddy! It was stupid and I shouldn't of done it! I promise it won't happen again!" I squeak.

"Damn right it was stupid! And if I find out you sneak out again, I promise you won't be seeing that boyfriend of yours until you're 18!"

I nod again. "I promise I won't sneak out anymore!"

"Good, you're grounded until next Friday, and this time you don't have your phone or laptop except for school. Do you understand me?" He asks sternly.

"Yes sir." I say quickly, I've never seen dad this mad honestly, I go upstairs and bring him my phone and laptop, he puts them in his room, in a drawer.

I sigh and go get dressed in my pajamas, laying down in bed. Dad comes upstairs. "I don't mean to scare you, nor do I wanna yell that much, I was just so worried." He sighs, leaning down and kissing my head softly.

I nod softly. "I know daddy, and I'm sorry I scared you and that I didn't listen." I sigh softly, closing my eyes and falling asleep.