Chapter 2

Jadelyn

I sighed softly as I scrolled through twitter, honestly being Liam Payne's daughter was something I loathed greatly. I love my dad don't get me wrong, but the hate online really got to me. It was kinda insane though. I mean I'm not even a threat to them, I'm his daughter and the other guys in his band are like my uncles.

'Fat'

'Ugly'

'Whore'

I sighed softly as the tears pricked my eyes, I pressed the small icon on my phone to produce a tweet and wrote, 'The hate really is childish, not cool.' Before pressing tweet and setting my phone on my bed. I rush downstairs as the tears spill over and look at Dad.

"Daddy.." I whimper and run to him hugging him tightly, his arms instantly wrapped around me, he'd obviously saw the hate.

"Shh angel, you're not any of those things, you're so sweet, and beautiful." He coos softly rubbing his hand down my hair, my head pressed to his chest as I cried.

"I j-just wish I knew why they're s-so mean!" I sob, pulling away from him and pressing my hands to my eyes, which got covered in a combination of eyeliner and mascara, both were running down my face.

He sighs softly. "And I wish I had an answer but I don't. Just act mature through it alright honey?" He asks softly rubbing my back. I nod softly and lean against him again. He smiles and kisses my head. "Alright honey, go clean yourself up and stay off twitter understand?" He asks a hint of firmness to his voice.

I blush and nod. "I will, dad, don't worry." I say. I was used to firmness, or his sternness, it wasn't new to me. He had been like that even before my mum died. I smiled a bit to know that even though I was 17, he wasn't changing in the slightest.

I went upstairs and wiped my makeup off, not bothering to redo it. I change into some leggings and one of dads shirts and come back downstairs, sitting beside him, leaning into him. He lifts his arm up and smiles softly. "What do you want for dinner, angel?" He asks smiling softly.

I smile again, dad had a lot of nicknames for me, but my favorite was Angel, it always had been. I think it's because he wrote this song called 'Hey Angel' right after my mum died, and he'd sing it for me at night after I had a nightmare. I shrug softly. "Hm, I dunno, actually yes I do, I want dominoes." I say.

"Let me guess, you want their chicken alfredo and then you want me to get you crazy bread from Little Ceasars, and a large sprite from McDonald's because and I quote, 'daddy! fountain sprite is the best please!" He says, mocking the small whine in my voice, I had everytime I said that.

This was true though. I was very picky about pizza, and those three places were all actually right beside each other. "So daddy will you do those things for me?" I ask giving him puppy dog eyes.

He chuckles softly and smiles. "Yes of course princess, but tomorrow, we need to go grocery shopping and run some errands, don't you want to get your hair cut?" He asks chuckling. I whine but nod. Sadly, my lovely father did not believe in the idea of getting up at a time with two digits. He woke me up at 8 or 9 am everyday, unless it was a late night.

"Are we going now?" I ask, glancing at him and smiling softly.

He nods. "Yeah we are, go get your shoes on and meet me out in the car." He says and pulls on his sneakers grabbing his car keys. I do as he said and walk out to the car, sliding in.

"Thank you daddy!" I giggle and smile buckling my seat belt as he pulls out of the drive way.

"Yeah yeah, no problem." He says and points to his cheek grinning. I lean over and kiss his cheek quickly, connecting my phone to the blue tooth in his car as we start the 15 minute drive to town.

Once we get back, I carry in the pasta and breadsticks, letting dad grab my drink and unlock the door. "Now set that on the table, we are eating at the table." He says, I giggle again and set them both down.

"Okay okay, I'm cooperating!" I say, shaking my head, getting paper plates and napkins, along with two forks for both of our pastas.

"Are you sharing your breadsticks today?" Dad asks, chuckling.

I shake my head, teasing obviously. "Oh you aren't?" He grins playing along pulling me to him and tickling me. "Maybe you should rethink that." He says chuckling softly, while I squeal and laugh.

"I am! I am! I'll share!" I scream, causing him to let me go. I giggle and sit down quickly, starting to mix up my pasta, it was close to 8pm.

"After dinner, you should probably start getting ready for bed." Dad says, looking up at me. I nod softly, taking a bite of my pasta and grabbing a bread stick, tearing it in half.

After diner, I do as dad said and shower, brush my teeth and then go back downstairs. I usually went to bed around ten. I sat down on the couch beside dad, snuggling into him like I did earlier. He smiles and kisses my head.

"Is all your homework done?" He asks smiling.

I nod. "Mhm. Well almost all of it, I'll finish the last little bit tomorrow." I say. He nods.

"Okay honey."

I grab my book and start to read until I feel my eyes get heavy. I hear dad chuckle before I fall asleep. He carries me upstairs and tucks me in, turning off my light, turning off the rest downstairs, going upstairs and falling asleep as well.