Chapter 3

Jadelyn

I yawn as I open my eyes to see dad shaking me awake. I whine and rub my eyes, sitting up. "Why so early? It's Saturday!" I whine softly at him reaching for my glasses and slipping them on my face, also checking my phone for any notifications.

He chuckles. "I told you yesterday we had to go grocery shopping and I was thinking maybe you'd want to go to the mall and get some clothes, but if you're gonna be cranky maybe we won't." He says chuckling wanting to get me in a better mood, which with the promise of shopping it most certainly worked.

"I'm in a better mood already, daddy their is no reason to rethink this lovely idea of yours." I say, nodding happily and standing up to go downstairs for breakfast.

Dad smiles, he had already made breakfast. I walk downstairs and smell pancakes. "Oh this day is getting better." I mumble taking my medicine and getting a plate, I butter my chocolate chip pancakes and add a sprinkle of powdered sugar before sitting down across from Dad.

He cuts into his pancakes before looking up at me, I had already taken a bite. "Do they taste good?" He asks smiling, taking a bite of his blueberry ones.

I nod enthusiastically. "They taste amazing daddy!" I say happily smiling.

"Good, I'm glad you like them, angel. After you eat, go get ready, alright?" He asks and I nod.

By 9:30 I finish eating and go upstairs to get ready. I pull on a skirt with stockings underneath and a top, curling my hair as fast as I can and doing my makeup. I pull on some booties and walk downstairs. "Ah perfect timing." Dad smiles he had just finished getting ready, though he started a lot later than me.

I smile and nod grabbing my phone and purse before walking out. Dad pulls into the mall parking lot and turns off the car stepping out and waiting for me. I smile shyly and walk with him. "Where do you wanna go first sweetie?" He smiles looking over at me.

"Uh Forever 21!" I smile nodding seeing the logo of the store lighting up, it had probably just opened.

Dad nods and smiles leading the way to the store. "Pick out what you want and if you get any skirts or shorts, try them on I wanna make sure they're not to short." He says, giving me a look.

I blush and nod. "Okay okay no problem!" I giggle starting to look around. I pick out a skirt and quickly try it on.

"Turn around." He says, I blush and spin around.

"Okay, that's fine, its not too short, anything else you want sweetie?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I just got a few more shirts and a few little accessories." I say blushing and setting them on the counter to get rung up. He nods and pays for it taking the bag and looking at me to pick the next store.

"Uh can we go to the Yankee Candle store?" I ask. "My candle is almost gone and it'll probably be burned out by tonight, so yeah." I explain nodding and pointing the other way.

He nods and smiles. "Yeah sure lets go sweetie." He smiles and I nod starting the walk to the store.

After a pretty long shopping trip, and after going grocery shopping, Dad had decided we should stop and go out to eat, I wasn't declining. I smile shyly as he pulls into the local sit down restaurant it was called Dino's, it was basically a lot of different things, pizza, pasta, chicken strips, burgers.

"This is my like second favorite place besides getting pasta from dominoes and such." I giggle softly.

"Trust me honey, I know!"

We go find a table and I smile shyly opening the menu and starting to look at it. "Daddy I don't know what I want." I pout looking over the menu again.

Dad chuckles and grins. "Well I was gonna order an appetizer, okay honey? And I know you want a Shirley Temple to drink but with grenadine not cotton candy." He hums smiling and I nod.

"You're very correct!" I giggle smiling widely at him, letting him order for me along with the appetizer. "Daddy I know what I want." I whisper smiling shyly as you finished ordering.

"Oh okay, we'll go ahead and order then." Dad says to the waiter who gets his pen out again.

I smile and nod. "I want the club sandwich plain with just cheese, and french fries with ranch on the side, please." I say nodding, shyly. Dad orders and the waiter takes our menus.

We talk for a while, until the food comes, munching on the mozzarella sticks while we wait for our food. Fifteen or so minutes later, the food arrives and we start to eat. About 30 minutes into our eating, we had just got our dessert, I get a text from my bestfriend.

Clayton is a very interesting character, star basketball player for our school and he has been since freshmen year, we became friends in probably 7th grade and we shared secrets, and despite the drama that we went through, he always stayed right by my side. We spend most of our time denying that we're dating which we aren't.

'Hey there' He texts, I grin grabbing my phone,

'Hey, whats up?'

'Not a lot, wanna hang out, meet at the park? kick a soccer ball around?' He texts, I play soccer so he knew that would make me want to meet him, not to mention we were literally within walking distance of the park.

'Yeah sure, see ya in a few' I text.

"Daddyyy?" I ask smiling innocently giving him puppy dog eyes.

"What do you want?" Dad chuckles softly looking up at me from is piece of pie.

"Well I was wondering if you'd be oh so kind and let me walk to the park and hang out with Clay for a little bit?" I ask smiling and putting on my puppy dog eyes, making a big pout.

He chuckles and waves off my puppy dog eyes. "Yeah sure honey." He says. "Be home by eight." He says, I nod.

"I will daddy no worries!" I smile and slip out of the booth kissing his cheek quickly and walking toward the park texting Clay and telling him I'm on my way.