Chapter 12

Jadelyn

I sigh and look down at the dress, I just tried on. It was yellow which is one of my favorite colors, but it just didn't look right, I mean the dress itself is beautiful but on me, it looks weird and sticks out in all the wrong places. I sigh and unzip it. "Not this one daddy." I hang it back over the stall door. I pull my outfit back on and look back out at the dresses, I've been here for an hour already, this is insane. Every one I've looked at seems worse than the last one, not to mention prom is a week away, and I have to go pick out a hair style and book an appointment with the nail salon. Oh and shoes, which were always a long job. That would take an hour bare minimum.

I sigh and look at the same rack I picked my yellow one from. I pick one that had a sparkly sweetheart neckline, walking back into the dressing room. It didn't fit, it was way too big. I sigh and hand it back to dad, looking back at one. It was strapless and had a little belt right under the boobs and it was jewled. I try it on and it actually fit perfectly. I smile softly and open the door and look at dad. "What do you think?" I whisper.

"No strapless."

I groan and shut the door back and look at it. I sigh and change back into my clothes.

After another hour of looking for the perfect dress and trying on a bunch of ugly dresses, or beautiful dresses that looked ugly on me. Dad rushes over to me. "Try this on!" He says quickly, I could see it was yellow but that is about it, I giggle and rush into the booth.

I smile and zip up the dress. "This is beautiful." I whisper to myself. It has lace straps going up it and wasn't too poofy but simple and elegant, I walk out and Dad gasps.

"I knew it would look beautiful on you." He whispers and smiles. "It reminds me of your moms prom dress, and so I thought you would want that." He whispers.

I cover my mouth and nod. "I want this one." I whisper and take a picture in the mirror they had and send it to Clay.

'I knew you'd pick yellow, looks beautiful on you.'

I smile and hand dad the dress, letting him pay for it. I hang it up in the car and smile walking with dad to find some shoes. I smile happily and pick out some silver shoes to match the belt on the dress, walking around in them and smiling. "Perfect." I say and nod, this was working quickly, which I didn't mind because I was tired and wanted to go home and take a nap. We make an appointment with my hair dresser and book an appointment at Tech Nails.

"Dad I'm so sleepy." I whine.

"Well lucky you were home." He chuckles parking the car and walking with me inside. I sigh in relief and rush up the stairs changing quickly and crawling into bed under my covers.

The next week flew by, way too fast, the day before, my anxiety about prom night was becoming more and more prominent. I sigh softly and set my backpack down. Dad grabs his keys. "Go change into a tank top, so that way you can slip it off your shoulders easily." He says nodding.

I walk upstairs and change into a tank top like he asked. I slip on some shorts too and sit in the car, sipping on some coffee dad bought me, it was from my favorite coffee shop, it was on the other side of town so it gave me time to drink it and quickly brush my teeth in the parking lot. Dad was also letting me get my makeup done, I smile happily and giggle. "Thank you for everything daddy." I whisper tossing my coffee in the car trash bag. I grab my toothpaste and brush my teeth quickly.

"No problem sweetie, this is prom, it only happens twice and you deserve it." He smiles.

I just got home and Dad was taking picture of me on his phone while I wait for Clay. "Jade please be safe and please don't have sex and I want you to know that you look so beautiful, your mum would have been so proud." Dad whispers tears in his eyes.

"Daddy stop you'll make me cry!" I whisper, a squeak in my voice.

"I'm sorry, I just, okay lets just take more pictures." He chuckles wiping his eyes and blushing.

I hope Clay turns up soon, these pictures were getting tiring. As if my saving grace, the doorbell rings, I rush as fast as I can in heels to the door. "Thank goodness you're here!" I say and usher him in.

"Oh my god, Jade you look fucking gorgeous." He gasps and pushes a corsage on my wrist while I pin his to his tux.

I blush brightly. "T-thank you, the dress reminds dad of my mothers." I whisper.

He smiles and nods. "Absolutely beautiful." He whispers.

I smile softly and walk out with him, dad yelling at us to make sure we take themed pictures.

I couldn't think of a more perfect way to start the night, the best complement I've ever received, comparing me to my mom? That is a complement, honestly. The guy of my dreams holding me on his arm. I look up at him and kiss him softly. "I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too, beautiful."

Authors Note

Hey guys!

So this is the final chapter of Hey Angel.

Alright, now I am thinking of writing a Brother - Sister story, so comment what you'd think of that, and what boy from 1D or 5SOS!

-taylor