Chapter 6

Jadelyn

The first day of school was on that Wednesday, luckily I had two of my six classes with Clay and the rest of my classes with at least one of my friends, so I wasn't alone in any of them. I actually forgot that I was supposed to have dinner with Clay and my dad, until Thursday.

"Is Clayton coming for dinner, Jade?" Dad asks and I go wide eyed.

"You forgot didn't you?"

"Uh maybe." I say sighing.

"You should talk to him at school tomorrow." He says and I nod.

"I will daddy." I say and go upstairs setting my backpack down. I take off my makeup and consider texting Clay, that was pointless, he wouldn't reply, he got his phone taken away. We literally have been in school for two days and he already got his phone taken away.

I take a shower and brush out my hair, after I put gel in my brown and blonde highlighted hair to sit overnight so it would be curly tomorrow, I also lay out my outfit so I won't be rushed. I got home late today because I went to a friends house, her name is Shelby and we hadn't seen each other because she was in Panama Beach until we got to return to school.

The next day, I woke up around 7am and started to get ready, I took my hair out of the bun and part it before spraying some hairspray and starting on my makeup, I did light and natural makeup. I pull on leggings and a red and black flannel before tying my all black converse.

I walk downstairs and smiles. "I'll run through McDonalds and get you some breakfast you can eat it in Latin can't you?" Dad asks and I nod.

"Alright well we need to leave now then."

I grab my backpack, it was light blue and had things my friends had written on it in black sharpie. I grab my purse as well and walk out to my dads car, I only have my permit so dad had to drive me to school, I would be getting my permit later today though, thankfully, it had finally been six months!

"See you this afternoon sweetie, remember you're taking your driving test, so I'll be checking you out at 2:30, and don't forget to talk to Clay!" He says quickly as I get out of the car.

"I won't dad!"

I walk up the steps and into the main foyer, I walk to Clay and smile taking his hand.

"Hey honey." He smiles.

I smile. "Hey, uh, I forgot to ask you but my dad wants to meet you as my boyfriend on Sunday at a family dinner." I explain giggling softly.

"Well I can do that, what time?" He asks.

"The dinner will be around 6pm so maybe get here around 5:30?"

"Perfect."

By the time my last class of the day rolled around, A.P U.S History, I was counting down the minutes until 2:30, I didn't really care for the teacher. She honestly could talk for hours and never shut up, plus she gave all these worksheets that you have to fill out while she lectures. It's so boring. I hear the classroom phone ring and she huffs and shuffles over to the phone, annoyed that it interrupted her precious lecture time.I hope that is me getting checked out. I start to put my things away since it was 2:30.

"Ms.Wilson's Class?" She answers, as I zip up my back pack, she looks at me. "Jadelyn Payne, check out!" She calls and I groan lowly.

She refuses to call me Jade, she absolutely refuses to. She continuously calls me Jadelyn and it took me forever to get used to it, honestly, my dad only calls me that when I'm in a lot of trouble. Like a LOT of trouble. I nod and walk down to the office and smile happily.

"Hi Dad!" I say smiling.

"Hi sweetie!" He smiles and walks out of the office with me. "I can't believe my baby is driving already, feels like just yesterday you were in my arms." He smiles softly and I blush nodding.

"I really just hope I pass." I say honestly setting my bag in the back of the car and buckling the seatbelt.

"You'll do just fine."

I nod as he drops me off at the DMV, I wait patiently, as I get in the car, I buckle my seatbelt and wipe my palms on my jeans, clearly pretty nervous. I sigh and start to drive, cautiously obeying all the traffic rules and such. I sigh at the end of the test.

"Congratulations! you passed your driving test! You did really well, actually!" He says. I sigh in relief, that is the best news I've gotten all day.

"Really? Thank you!" I say in relief and sigh happily.

I get my license and when dad comes to pick me up, I hold up my license. "I passed!" I cheer happily. He gets out and smiles.

"Good! You can drive us home then." He smiles and nods.

I nod and slide into the gray car, it was a light gray color, most of the time Dad drove SUV type cars, but I prefer the car, its a sonata. I drive us home and dad quickly covers my eyes. "Daddy!" I gasp giggling.

"What? I have a surprise for you!" He grins. "Now keep your eyes closed." He says.

I nod and close my eyes. "They're closed!" I yell, he opens my car door and opens the garage door and then covers my eyes chuckling.

He finally moves his hands from my eyes. I gasp, sitting on top of the car, with a giant red bow, is a navy blue Honda. "Daddy! Thank you!" I squeal and run and hug him tightly, jumping into his arms.

He chuckles softly and thankfully catches me. I hug him tight. "You have to get your own insurance and pay on it okay?"He smiles and I nod.

"I will."

He nods and hands me the keys. I smile and take them before going inside.

I start to get ready for the dinner with Clay, this was going to be awkward I was almost sure of it. I mean really dad? You've known him for like six years, but you need to meet him as 'my daughters boyfriend?' That is the stupidest rule I've ever heard, but it was that or not date the boy I've liked for years, so I'll suffer from the boring dinner and hope Clay will forgive me for whatever embarrassing thing happens.

I spray my perfume right as Clay knocks on the door, I squeal and run downstairs, opening the door before dad and gasping as he shoves flowers at me, they were white roses. "Oh my gosh! Clay they're so pretty!" I squeal happily.

"Pretty girl deserves the prettiest flowers." He smiles and I blush brightly.

"Well thank you!" I say and grab a vase, a smaller one so I could keep them in my room. I rush upstairs, going as fast as possible not wanting to leave Dad alone with Clay for very long, that would be disastrous.

"Just make sure you treat her right? Okay?" I hear Dad sigh and blush softly deciding to hold back, just to see what Clay would say.

"Of course, I would never ever dream of hurting her." Clay frowns, and nods, opening the cabinet and getting out three plates, it wasn't like it was the first time he had dinner with us, he knew where things were and how things worked, ya know?

Liam nods and plates the food for us and that's when I decide to walk in. "Hey sorry, I had to go to the bathroom." I say shrugging starting to set the table.

"No problem, we were just talking." Clay smiles coming over to me and kissing my head sweetly. I blush, never in a million years would I have imagined we'd be dating.

I sit down and scoot my chair in and sigh softly. Dad already knew everything about Clay so it was a really pointless dinner but he definitely scared Clay, just a little bit. After dinner, Clay takes my hand and walks upstairs.

"Leave the door open!" Dad yells and I roll my eyes.

"You can trust me!" I yell back and shut it, hearing dad sigh and smirk.

Clay laughs and sets down on my bed while I put in a movie. We lay down and cuddle for a while, I fall asleep and when I wake up, my bed is empty, he went home last night. I grab my phone and shrug, walking downstairs.