Chapter 10

Jadelyn

I sigh softly and wake up the next morning, it was my first official day of being grounded, not to mention its Saturday which sucks. I sit down on the couch reading one of my favorite books, 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson.' I look up at dad with a pout. "Daddy, I am SO bored." I whine, tossing my book away from me.

"Well don't feel bad, I can't keep you in this house for seven days, you'd drive me insane. We're gonna go see Louis." He chuckles.

I nod softly and go get dressed. I didn't mind being around him, the car ride was long but that was so much better than being stuck in the house. I come downstairs with an overnight bag, since the drive was long, we stayed at his house whenever we visited.

"Ready to go, sweets?" Dad asks and I nod happily, smiling, walking out to his car. I turn up the radio, humming along with dad, we were playing I Spy.

"I spy with my little eye something white and fluffy!" I say, laughing.

"Do you spy a cloud?" He asks.

"Yeah!" I giggle.

Dad smiles and pulls off an exit ramp and into a McDonalds, I run in and get us some food, we eat in the parking lot.

After what seemed like the longest four hours of my life, we finally reached Louis' house.

I smile happily and grab my bag, rushing up the front porch steps, knocking on the door. "Come in!" Louis yells, I open the door, my smile growing when I see all my other uncles, I had gotten old enough to where I could just call them Harry or Louis.

I smile widely. "Harry!" I squeal and run to him, since he was the first person I stayed with when I was younger, I was really close to him. Harry smiles softly and hugs me back just as tight.

"Where is your dad, love?" Harry asks and I look behind me, giggling.

"Oh I think he's bringing his bag in!" I hum smiling.

"Does he need help?"

"No, it's just one bag and I don't think its too heavy."

I learned that we were having a cookout, which I didn't mind. They usually turned into 'family' game nights. I smile happily. "Hey love, I bought the stuff for you to make that pasta salad!" Louis smiles pointing to the bag of colored egg noodles, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflower, and Italian dressing.

I nod chuckling softly. "Okay, I'll get right on that." I giggle walking over to let the pasta cook.

"Oh my god, that stuff is delicious." Niall says as he seasons the steaks, luckily Louis had a big kitchen. Typically, I made pasta salad, Niall cooked the steaks, Harry made a dessert, Dad was in charge of making onions and mushrooms when the time came, and Louis was the best at making baked potatoes and supplying the beer, and I just survived on my strawberry Kool-Aid.

"Lou, you made me Kool-Aid right?" I giggle.

"Yes of course, I always worry you may decide to throw a tantrum." He chuckles, ruffling my hair, shaking his head.

I blush and giggle, remembering the incident that happened when I was younger. "Hush, we don't talk about that if we can avoid it." I mumble.

Later that night, after we had ate, we were all playing Clue, my favorite board game. I smile and chuckle as I make a guess, winning the game. I cheer and clap, doing a little happy dance.

March came by quickly, March 1st came and I had already taken my ACT, and Clay and I had been dating for more than half a year, that was a scary thought.

In the beginning of first period, the announcements came on, we all sat quietly because our teacher, Mr.Smith, who yes is also the basketball coach, would not hesitate to write anyone up, including basketball players, if they talked during announcements. My eyes light up, "Attention, all upperclassmen, it is time for our annual prom, on the 27th of March, we will be having our prom with the theme of a starry night, tickets are ten dollars in advance and 14 dollars at the door, tickets will be available for sale at lunch until the 26th."

I smile widely, when the underclassmen had their prom type thing, I never had a date, this was the first time I would hopefully have a date to prom. I just hope Clay asks me out honestly. I wouldn't put him past forgetting to ask me to prom and showing up at my door asking why I wasn't ready. That's a scary thought. I shake my head laughing softly and starting on the assignment Mr.Smith passed out.

My class goes by relatively fast, I walk to chemistry sighing softly. I take my seat and sigh sitting with Clay, luckily for me, he understood chemistry and really helped me bring my grade up. We start getting our materials ready for our lab. I giggle and slip on the goggles and lab coats. "I could model for gucci in this thing!" I laugh, Clay shaking his head at me.

"You're so weird, shut up and measure this out." He shakes his head and chuckles handing me two beakers, one filled with a random liquid. I just shrug and do what he says.

He laughs softly. "Do you actually ever do what I tell you, huh?" He asks poking my tummy.

I laugh softly. "Yes!" I squeal. "See I measured the thingy!" I huff laughing.

"Oh my mistake. I mean do you actually know what you're doing? Or do you just do what I tell you?" He chuckles shaking his head at me.

"The latter, always."

He shakes his head and nods, the bell rings and Clayton and I stay after to wash and clean up our beakers. "We can do the rest of our lab sheet in study hall." I say nodding putting it in my bag.

"Alright, it works out good then."

We walk down the stairs and to separate classes.

After seven hours of long boring classes, it was finally over. I walk out and meet Clay at his car, the whole prom thing still on my mind, like there is no way I can go to prom with Clay if he doesn't ask me, like really? That would be so embarrassing, I would actually die from embarrassment, melt into a puddle and die.

"Hey do you wanna hang out Sunday at the park? The one with the play ground where I asked you out." Clay says, smiling, he honestly had the prettiest smile, the braces he had all through middle school had worked wonders, so his teeth were perfectly straight and white.

"Oh uh yeah, I don't think I have any plans, so I'll ask my dad and let you know what he says?" I ask nodding as he pulls out of the school parking lot.

Once we get to my house, I get out of the car and walk over to his window, he rolls it down and I lean my head in and kiss him quickly. I pull away and giggle. "Hey my dads home, so I can just run in and ask him really quick?" I ask.

"Yeah sure!" He smiles.

I run up the steps and into the house. "Hey daddy, is it okay if I hang out with Clay this Sunday? I don't think we have plans!" I smile, rushing because I didn't want to keep him waiting.

"Uh yeah, unless something comes up, yeah." He says.

I walk down the stairs much slower this time, they were only like two steps but ya know. "It's a date!" I yell laughing. He backs out of the drive way giving me a thumbs up. I giggle and smile walking back up the stairs.