Chapter 5

Jadelyn

"Your home a bit late." Dad says and I blush softly.

"Sorry daddy, I didn't mean to, I lost track of time." I say sitting down, shy and worried he would ground me.

"It's alright honey, I saw Clay walk you to the door, why didn't he come in?" He asks chuckling gently. I had gone wide eyed. What if he saw us kiss? That isn't how I wanted my dad to find out I was dating my best friend. I sigh gently.

"He has a curfew too, sorry." I say and grab my purse and walk upstairs. August 7th, the day of my anniversary with my boyfriend, I smile to myself and shake my head, in an attempt to wipe the grin off my face.

I lay down for a while, reading and watching netflix, flipping between the two for about an hour before deciding to take a shower, I hear dad downstairs watching tv. I grab a pair of sweats and a tee shirt before going to the bathroom. I quickly shower and get dressed in pajamas, I brush out my hair and sigh. I should tell my dad, shouldn't I? What if he reacts badly? Well at least I'm happy.

I text Clay and sigh. 'Hey, are you telling your parents that we're dating?'

"Yeah, I already did..' He texts back blushing softly, laughing to himself as he replies.

I sigh, fuck, now I really do have to tell him. I sigh softly and pull my hair into a pony tail and then walk down the stairs and sit beside Dad on the couch. "Hi daddy.." I say sweetly sitting beside him.

"What are you about to attempt to sweet talk me into?" He asks, looking over at me.

I giggle softly. "You caught me, but I'm not trying to talk you into anything."

"Then what is it?"

I sigh softly and swallow. "I- well I dunno you know how Clay and I went to the park today?"

"Yeah, what about that?" He asks.

"W-well you see he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes." I whisper and look away, not sure why I'm so worried, maybe its because I haven't had a boyfriend, ever.

Liam taps my shoulder and smiles at me when I look at him. "Sweetie, I don't know why you're being so shy, you know I don't mind." He says smiling softly and chuckles.

I blush and nod. "I dunno daddy, I guess I'm scared to be in a relationship." I say softly and lean against him, my head on his shoulder.

Liam sighs. "Its a lot scarier when you're older." He says nodding.

"It is."

"So when do I get to meet this boy?"

I get confused. It's Clay, my best friend, Dad definitely knew him, what did he even mean? "Dad it's Clay you know him." I say confused.

"I don't know him as my daughter's boyfriend." He says simply crossing his arms shaking his head.

I giggle softly at how protective he is. "Invite him to dinner next Sunday." He says nodding and I smile shyly nodding.

"Okay daddy." I say smiling.

He smiles and nods softly kissing my head. "How about we watch a movie?"

"Sure."

"Pick one!"

I look at the movie shelf, it was wooden, I made it in wood shop for dad and stained it myself, he used it, surprisingly, I squat down and finally pick one. It is my favorite childhood movie, its called the Emperors New Groove, I put it in the dvd player and sit back down. Dad watches the whole movie, singing some of the songs to me, he had learned them because of how often I watched it when I was little, I fell asleep leaning on him.

He carries me upstairs and lays me in my bed, tucking me in and then going to bed himself.