It hurts to BLINK! (18)

I wake up to a pounding on my window. Ugh man I want more sleep. I drag myself out of bed and lazily walk to the window to see Parker throwing things at my window. I glare at him and open the window.

"WHAT!?"
"You have some explaining to do", I roll my eyes at his words.

"There's not much to explain. I woke up and saw you stole my book which is very private. You wouldn't give it so I had to get myself. Then an idea popped in my head to freak you out. You were freaking out like a little girl. I waited a while and then went back"

He narrows his eyes at me. Deciding to believe me or not. "Mm okay, I believe you". Relief runs through my body.

"Well that's great can I go back to sleep", I say as turn my head to see its only 6:00am on a public holiday come on. I need sleep.

"One more thing", he says leaning against the window. I roll my eyes. "What?"

"Since when can you tackle and jump out of windows like that?"

I take a deep breath, trying to come up with an excuse. "Let's just say there have been situations where I have had to do so. Is that all". If wasn't really a lie but it wasn't telling thetruth either. He nods his head slowly. I take that as the end of the conversation and walk into my bathroom. I'm way to awake to sleep again.

Surprisingly nothing happens which is amazing. I walk out the bathroom with my towel. I look out my window and see his curtains closed. Thank the lords.

I get dressed and my wrist starts to burn like fire. I look down at my wrist and see the numbers are frying on my wrist. The pain is agonizing. I grab my scissors and open them. I hold one blade in one hand. I drop to my knees taking the blade and slicing my skin off. I scream until my lungs are burning. I hear the opening of curtains ignoring it I watch my skin fall to the ground. I drop the blade, blood streaming out my open wound. A tear drop falls to the floor beneath me.

Parker jumps through my window and his eyes widen at my state. A forceful wind slams the door shut. Parker comes closer but I stop him. "GO NOW" I warn him. I get up and push him to the window. Ignoring his protest. "I SAID GO". He sits on the window sill. Looking at me then at his room then back at me. I give a pleading look as I feel something holding on to my ankle. "Please", I say as I feel a tear fall from my eyes and down my cheek. He gives me one last look before he jumps to his room. Once he is gone the window slams shut as well the curtains and I'm thrown across the room. I hit the wall and get dragged across the floor. I'm lifted up in the air by my neck and dropped to the ground.

"Stop..."I beg. I slowly get up and I feel a punch in my stomach. I fly back through the window. Glass flying everywhere in front of eyes. I wait for impact but instead I'm greeted with a grip on my hand. I look up, I see Parker trying to pull me back up. I feel the blood sliding down my arm and neck and leg. I grab his arm with my other hand. My feet dangling in mid-air. I swing them to hit the wall, getting a firm grip and try to climb up a bit easier. With one last pull I'm lifted in to his room. I lie down on my back, not wanting to move the pain is too much to handle. I haven't healed. It's then when I realize I won't heal unless I hurt myself. The Raven byte has limited it. It hurts to breath, to do anything in fact. Even blink.

"Nicole what happened", he asks kneeling down next to me. Worry in his voice. My vision became nothing but darkness.

*3 hours later*

I wake up and I'm greeted by the aroma of guy perfume. My favorite. My eyes flutter open, in front of me I see Parker sitting on a chair beside me. I try to sit up but a hand pushes me back.

"Don't move", Parker says in a hushed tone. I lie back down

"Where am I?" , I ask in a low voice.
"In my room, I assumed you didn't want to go to the hospital", I gnawed at his words

"Now can you tell me what that was", curiosity seeping in his words. I sigh and ask him to help me to sit up. I turn my head to look at him but I look away instantly

"I really want to tell you, I really want to but the last time I did tell someone they ended up.." I try to say it but I can't. I feel my eyes filling with tears. I look at him, his eyes full of worry.

"Died", I say in a hushed tone. His eyes widen at my words. I feel a tear roll down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away. "So it's better if I don't and it's also best if I get back to my house". I try to get up but I'm hit with a bucket full pain all over my body. "Are your parents home?", he asks laying me down again. "No they went out, probably gonna be too drunk to notice I'm gone. They are most likely to only come home the next day so yeah" I reply.
"Is yours home?"I ask.
"No they went on a business trip".

"so it's just us", I say as realization sets in. He wiggles his eyes at my words. I roll my eyes. Boys

"You will not be getting anything, buddy. Have you seen the condition I'm in", I state. He laughs a light laugh and smiles at me.

Attention everyone the 27 of November is the day that Parker smiled his first smile. It's time to celebrate.

"I need to get up, help me"
"No you don't"
"I have to"
"Why" he asks raising both his eyebrows.
"I need to pee" I say in a flat tone
His eyes widen and he helps me to Stand up. Pain shooting through my body. He leads me to the bathroom. Once I'm in I close the door and walk to the big mirror on the wall. I don't have any bruises on my face or cuts, but I do have some on my legs it's not that bad. I slowly lift my shirt and see a big bruise on my stomach. I don't have the same feeling I had when I broke my ribs a few years ago so at least I know it's not broken. Relief runs through me. I flush the toilet so it seems like I actually used it and exit the bathroom.

"You should ice your stomach" he says handing me an ice pack. I mutter a thank you and take it putting it to my stomach. Wait how did he know.

"How do you know I have a bruise on my stomach?"

"I was checking for open wounds so I could stitch them. My moms a doctor. You learn something everyday". I nod my head at his words.

"So I should get back home". I say while walking to the door. There is no way I'm going through the window. My body hurts like a motherfucker.

As I open the door, I feel a hand grasp my arm and pull me to face him. "Stay" he says. I look into his hazel eyes. I take a deep breath and nod my head. I yank my arm out of his grip and sit on his bed.

"Do you have any movies we could watch?" I ask
"Yeah only action tho" he says sitting down next me.
"No problem"

The next few hours we have watched movies in the sitting room. His arm spread across the head of the couch. I feel myself getting sleepy, I move closer to him and put my head on his shoulder. His body stiffens when I lie my head down. I smirk to myself.

"Thank you" I whisper.
"For what?"
"For saving my life duh", I say in bored tone. His chest vibrates from his chuckles.
"You owe me one", I roll my eyes at his words.
"A simple pleasure or welcome would have worked", he laughs. Shaking his head.
"Your not like the other girls are you", I smile at his repeated words.
"You have no idea" with that said I feel myself fall asleep.