Day three (part two) (23)

I try and open my eyes but it's still a bit puffy from my crying when I do manage to open it I find myself in a very familiar place. Parkers room.

"Your awake, I thought I was going to have to give you mouth to mouth", I hear Parker say in the distance. I laugh at what he said and turn to look at him. "I'm pretty sure you only do that when I'm not breathing". He looks down shyly "I stop breathing every time I see you upset". I sigh and sit upright. "I guess I have some explaining to do". He looks up at me, curiosity seeping from his eyes. I take a deep breath. "Jessica was my best friend for many years, you could never break us apart until one day when I had to leave with my parents somewhere for a month. Jessica wasn't as strong as I was, she very innocent and didn't have a mean bone in her body. In the period that I was away, she was severely bullied, I wasn't there to help her or be with her. The day I came back I went to the coffee shop across from where she lives, I wanted to surprise her but when I saw her jump I lost it. I wasn't there for her she didn't have anyone and she jumped because she had no one. She jumped because I wasn't there for her". I look down at my hand and see its intertwined with his hands.

With his free hand, he wipes off a tear that came out. "You shouldn't beat yourself up about this, there was nothing you could do, did you keep in contact".

"yeah, but she didn't talk much to me". All of the sudden he pulls me off the bed and drags me out the room. "what are you doing?"

"Giving you something to regret". Confused I stop in place "and what is that?". His lips pull into a grin.

"Kissing me"

"why would I regret that", no but seriously why would I. Would you?

"because now I won't leave you alone", my eyes widen as he throws me over his shoulder and runs down his wooden spiral staircase, at the moment my only view is his behind. Not that I mind.

I groan in discomfort "where are you taking me?

"somewhere" I roll my eyes at his vagueness.

"where somewhere?"

"somewhere where it's just us"

"do I know it, at this point, he has dropped me in the passenger seat, in the rear view mirror I see him jogging to the other side of the car. he opens the door and gets in "Nope", he says tearing up the engine. "Can you give me a clue?"

"Nope"

"Why not?

"Its a surprise", he says stepping on the gas pedal speeding off in the empty street.

We have been driving for about an hour and I'm starting to get restless. I start to poke Parker on his arm several times "yes" he answers in an amused tone of voice a smile tugging at his lips. "are we there yet?" I say in a whiny voice. "we're close, now stop poking me", I pull my hand away embarrassed. We drive for another ten minutes till we park outside the woods, my eyes widen at the sight. I get out the car and look at parker "you're not gonna rape me right?", he smirks at my words. "it's not rape if you enjoy it. I scrunch up my nose at his comment, laughs at my expression.

He walks ahead of me but I stay in my place still hesitant. he realises I'm not next to him and stops to turn around at me. He sighs and walks towards me taking my hand; dragging me wit him into the woods. we continue walking until I see bright light escaping from the tree branches.

We walk towards it to find the most beautiful lake, the reflection of the sun on the horizon. "wow" I say and turn to see parker starting to take off his shirt. His washboard abs in view as he lifts his shirt over his head revealing his defined v-line. Control yourself Nicole.