Chapter 22

Cassandra's POV
------------------------

Me and Paul made up and we were fine again. Jake came home finally, but he doesn't talk to us, just works of his car or bike. I miss my brother but if I try to say anything to him he gets angle and starts shaking. Paul hardly leaves my house nowadays because he's afraid Jake is gonna snap and hurt me. But I know he won't.

*few days later*

Jake is hardly ever home, he said something about Bella being home now he's never at his. when Sam heard he was furious, he tried to make Jake come back through the mind link but he couldn't get ahold of him.

*few days later*

I convinced my dad to let me stay at Paul's last night on the condition that we didn't stay in the same bed. So instead we made a fort in the living room and watched movies and cuddled until we fell asleep. 

Jake came home in wolf form this afternoon making all the guys leave to talk to him.
Apparently Bella is pregnant with some weird hybrid child. Sam wanted to take immediate action and kill it, Jake didn't like that and tried to fight him but Sam is alpha and forced him to submit.

Right now they are out in the woods planning how they are goin to take it out. I was worried about Paul and the others, but mostly Paul. I mean this would surely break out into a fight. The guys have experience but so do the Cullen's.

After a while I sat on the couch at my house to watch tv, hoping it would get my mind off everything.

Suddenly I heard several loud howls. I ran outside hoping one of the wolves would stop and tell us what was going on. Jake came by but he didn't stop he just kept running. Seth ran by a few minutes later he stopped and nodded before running off in the same direction Jake did. I went back inside figuring it was a good sign.

"Hey Cassie you wanna go out and do some fishing?" Dad asked. He has been pretty lonely lately since Charlie hasn't been around.

"Umm yeah sure" I said and went to change.
Today is pretty warm so I chose to wear shorts. No doubt this would be the last time wearing them since Washington go cold fast, sometimes over night.

My dad was already by the boat when I got there.

"I see your ready" I joked.

He smiled "oh yeah I've been waiting to get out there for sometime now.. Are you sure your going to be warm enough?"

"Yeah I think so" he nodded not really believing me but I knew I would be fine.

I pulled the boat into the water and helped my dad in before pushing off and jumping into the boat, sadly I tripped and fell into the water. My dad laughed as I climbed into the boat, I rolled my eyes and grabbed a towel.

"Yeah yeah laugh all you want." I grumbled.

We anchored in the middle of the lake and cast our reels. We stayed out there until it started getting dark and decided it was time to go in. We had caught quite a few fish. Enough to know that we would be eating it for dinner for the next week.

I got really cold as soon as the sun went down. I changed into my yoga pants and one of Paul's hoodies I took and then started dinner.

There was a howl in the distance that caused me and dad to look up from our food.

I went outside to see if one of the guys was coming to tell Billy what was going on since he is one of the elders.

I was shocked to see the whole pack. Except Jake, Seth and Leah who left the pack, and Colin and Brady who were still to young to fight.

"Sam what's going on?"

"Is billy in?" He asked, I nodded and he went inside.
Thanks for answering my question. I thought. I turned and faced the rest of the pack.

"What's going on?" I asked again, everyone looked toward Paul who stepped forward.

"It killed Bella so we're gonna kill it, and everything that stands in our way"

After I took everything Sam rushed out of my house.

"I'm sorry billy" he said and led the pack away.

" be safe " I tell Paul before going to stand by my dad. With that they ran into the woods.

I paced back and forth in the living room I was worried about the guys.

"Your going to burn a hole in the floor" dad said trying to make a joke.

"Not funny dad"

"I don't know I thought it was funny."
I sighed with a slight laugh.

"Dad can I go wait at Paul's?"

"I think you Should stay here"

"Please dad" I said pulling out the puppy dog eyes. I really needed to get out of the house and i knew they would do the trick.

"Fine, but check in every once and a while. And no sleeping in the same bed"

"Thanks dad" I said and kissed his cheek before leaving.

When I got to Paul's house I went straight to his room and laid in his bed letting his sent and the warmth of the blankets calm and consume me.

I was woke up when someone started to shake me. I opened my eyes and saw it was Paul.

"Hey what happened?" I asked kinda groggy from just waking up.

"Jake imprinted."

________________________
Authors note: sorry this is up a bit late it took a bit longer to type than I thought I'm sorry.  But I hope you like it it's got a bit of everything.
Comment
Vote
Thx:)