Chapter 7: A Fire Forgotten...

Hazelfeather stood on the rocky cliff in the Lake Tribe camp.
Blackstripe is late back to camp...
He's even been gone for three days straight...
What's up with him and this thing?
She thought, and turned when Lightstar approached her.

"You're out late. Having trouble sleeping, Hazelfeather?",the leader asked..

"Kinda.. BlackStripe, don't you wonder why he never comes back for awhile. Even three days"

"Not really. He's loyal so he wouldn't do it for bad intentions.",Lightstar replied.

"......I guess. Even so, why would he be away for so long?"

"Personal problems?"

"Sounds like a good reason..."

Lightstar nodded, and turned, leaving. Hazelfeather followed her, and turned to the dens, and laid down in her nest. She fell asleep, but woke up when she heard a voice.

"Lightstar! I have a warning for Lake Tribe that my Clan doesn't know I'm telling you...",it was FireWind's voice.

"Lake Tribe has no reason to listen to a BlazeClan warrior. Leave at once or you are dead!", Lightstar growled.

FireWind ignored Lightstar's warning. "BlazeClan had taken over another Clan... They'll attack soon! You have to listen to me!"

"No. I will not. Nor does a leader have to listen to an enemy... Leave Now!"

FireWind stared
I'm too late... No one wants to listen to me! she backed up.
I failed... I can't save them now... She turned, and bolted.

The russet she-cat had stopped at the border of the Tribes and Clans, where a river was. She dug her claws into the ground, tears slipping from her eyes.
What else can I do? I've failed them...I've failed StarClan...The Tribe...Everyone...

She looked up when a StarClan cat stood beside her.

"Do not cry, young warrior... You haven't failed anyone. There is still a chance."

"But..."

"Hush. When Lightstar became leader, she was given a prophecy. She gave up on finding what it meant. Would you like me to tell you?"

"....I-I guess.."

"'Darkness In The Tribe Will Turn To The Blaze And Cause Sorrow That Will Fill The Lake. A Fire Of Light Will Stray To Stop The Blaze From Spreading Its Flames Of Sorrow Blood.'",mewed the StarClan cat.

"I'm the Fire Of Light? Darkness Of The Tribe is BlackStripe... Flames Of Sorrow Blood is..My Mother...",FireWind blinked.

"Yes, Young One."
Before FireWind could ask, the cat had disappeared.