Chapter 12: Peace?

FireWind gazed at the cats of BlazeClan, two days passed since the dark battle with The Lake Tribe, that was cleared up.
Warriors worked on fixing dens and filling up the prey pile.

Apprentices did their fair share of helping the elders, queens, and bringing in herbs for the Medicine Cat.
Bonefang took the herbs gratefully. Organizing and throwing out the old herbs
As he finished, he stood, stretching and padded to FireWind, leaping onto the stone she sat on.

"You know, you should take on an Apprentice, Bonefang...
The Clan knows you've been our Medicine Cat for a long while, two leaders worth, and now the new one if you won't take one.",FireWind said as he climbed up. 

"Oh I know... This Clan knows I'm too stubborn to chose one that is good for the Clan."

"True. But Bloodstar is gone now... Cats might not be as cold and more open to being kind.",FireWind replied, glancing at him.
She curled her tail around her paws, looking back at the Clan.

"...FireWind, I know you are the one who killed her.
I'm not saying that it was bad. I'm glad she finally left.",Bonefang mewed, looking at her.

"...I may have killed her, but I still regret it.
After knowing she was taken over by a dark spirit, I felt like instead of killing her, I should've searched for a cure."

Bonefang sighed, touching his nose to her ear.
"She couldn't be saved, we all tried to find a cure. Anything.
You did the right thing. She may have been taken over, but she lies in StarClan.
Not the Dark Forest. Her spirit is free now."

FireWind sighed. She nodded, and stood.
"Right... Now I think I should check on my friends. How are the ones in your den doing?"

"...One was lost. But the others will make it."

"At sunset, I'll have the elders ready to bury her."

"How will Brokenpaw react? Shadepaw was the closet cat he had to him..."

"He'll have to pull through. We all do.",FireWind said, dipping her head before padding down and away to GoldenHeart, DarkFlame, and RisingFlames.
DarkFlame flicked his tail.
"Found anyone yet?",he asked.

"No... But I'm keeping a lookout.",she replied.
GoldenHeart nodded, she then touched her nose to hers.

"Also, don't worry if you can't find someone. The Clan has you as a leader.",she mewed.

"I know. But I think someone with more experience is better for the Clan.
Who won't have to bang their head on a wall to get something out of their head.
Doesn't tear apart their prey in anger so they won't claw off a clanmate's ears.",FireWind muttered.

RisingFlames slightly chuckled.
"With this Clan, that'll be difficult, and how do you know that a warrior older doesn't do that already?",he asked, and purred when FireWind huffed.

"Okay, you have a point. But still.",FireWind replied.
Her friends just shook their heads.

"Just go with what your heart tells you.", GoldenHeart said.

"My heart says I give up!",FireWind said, padding away.   

Her friends sighed.
Goldenheart giggled. "She's getting older, yet losing patience.",she mewed.

"Yes, indeed.", Darkflame chuckled and shook his head.

"I wonder how long till the kits get her going insane.",joked RisingFlames.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^

FireWind was padding out of camp. She sighed,
"This is harder than I had thought."