Part 9

Cave.
"Where are we?" Asked Alexandra as we ducked to got under a large log, the lay across a few fallen trees.
"Gharphidi." Said Glene.
Everyone stared at him in confusion, except me. I had been here with him before as a small child. In fact this was the place where he found me.
"Remember this place like the back of my hand." Glene said to everyone.
"Did Asarth take you from your home too?" Asked Kevin.
"Yeah, but not from here. I lived here alone for 3 terrible years." Glene replied.
No one responded.
Josephine opened her mouth wide and let out a huge yawn. Fire sprang from her mouth and smoke slowly emerged from her nostrils.
She had been flying behind us this whole entire time. She seemed to know exactly where I was leading everyone to. Josephine sat on the ground and extended her neck. She stretched out and her body enlarged.
"What the heck was that?" Asked Mike.
She was the size of horse now. I walked towards her and knelt down. She motioned for me to climb on her back.
I looked at everyone else in wonder if I should have.
Glene nodded his head.
I slowly got my stance and grabbed her back. She reached out her long tale and I grabbed. She lifted me up and I was now high up.
Everyone else did the same. All 6 of us we're now in mid air.
She stood stiff as if something where wrong.
"Talk to her. Tell where you wanna go." Said Glene from behind me.
I gently patted her head and leaned down to her ear.
"Hey girl." I whispered.
She purred.
"Take us home."
She began to flap her large wings and slowly she escalated into the air and flew forward.
"Does she know where she's going? " asked Emma.
"I have no idea." I murmured.

She flew for hours. Twisting and turning, ducking under multiple mounds. The wind passed throughout my hair, the smell of sweet pea and different fruits in the wind, and the bright sun slowly setting.
It was getting very dark, and by the way that Josephine looked I could tell that she was tired.
"Down girl." I whispered.
She eased down to the ground and crawled into a cave.
"Stop!" Yelled Kevin.
"Whats the problem? " I asked as Josephine jerked back.
"If theres anything that my father ever told me, it was to never trust a cave." He said sternly.
"It'll be fine bro." Said Mike as he patted his back.
"Oh yeah, what makes you so sure?" Said Kevin in a sarcastic tone.
"Nothing. But if you wanna sleep out here tonight then be my guest."
He sat in thought for a moment.
During that time Glene had been discussing a plan with me. How we would secure the cave to make sure nothing could see thatbwe we're in there.
"Okay. But if anything happ-"
"It'll be fine dude. Take it easy" said Mike.
Josephine swerved into the small opening and flew to the very back.
It was very dark inside and by the looks of it I could tell that it had rained earlier.
"So uh, you guys start digging holes, while I go get wood." Said Glene.
"Holes? For what?" Ben asked.
"To sleep in. They'll keep you warm or cold. Judging by this soil we have a small chance of it being cold, but most likely it will be warm."
Eveyon nodded their head in approval.
"Can you come help me with a few twigs or sticks Allise?" He asked me.
I nodded my head and walked out of the door with him.
We walked far out. There we're rarely any tumble weeds in sight.
"You know that I've missed you right." Glene burst out.
"Yeah, I missed you too."
He started to blush.
"So what did- I mean how did- uh, I'm not very good at this." He said.
"Not good at what?" I asked.
He didn't look at me.
"Connecting with others, like confe-"
"GUYS!" Yelled a voice in the distance.
We both turned towards where the voice was coming from.
Bill came running towards us.
"What is it?" Glene asked.
He stood and caught his breath.
"You guys gotta come see this." He swallowed spit and took a deep breath, "Its Josephine. "