Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

           "I think we should watch a horror movie." Gerard said.

  "Okay!" Willow smiled.

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre?"

"Yes!" she laughed. He shut all the lights off, and sat on the couch next to her.

"It's sick to think people actually do this kind of stuff." she said. 

"Yeah." he nodded, and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

The police should be looking for me...do they even have a clue where I am?

"Could I call my mom again?" she asked quietly, as the movie ended.

"Yes...but don't tell her where you are." he said, and went to his room. A few minutes later he returned with her phone. "Here."

He gave me a small piece of paper with her moms number on it.

I think Christina's number is still in my pocket...

She dialed her moms number into the phone and waited for her to pick up.

"Y...yes?" her moms voice sounded completely different.

"It's me, mom..." Willow said.

"Oh, honey! I thought--you--" she sounded like she was crying.

"Shh! Mom, it's okay! I'm fine, I'm okay. He won't hurt me..." she told her.

"W--what?" she asked, confused.

She's going to be so confused...

"He loves me, he would never hurt me." Willow said, smiling at Gerard.

"Wha--who?" she asked, sniffing.

"D--don't you remember? He--we went to the same school and--" she stopped as Gerard started to look worried.

"What's his name, honey? You need to tell me." she said.

"Gerard..." she whispered quickly, then sighed. "I can't tell you."

"What did you say? Gerard?" she asked.

"Yes. I can't, I'm sorry. We--we love each other." she said, feeling hope weld up inside her.

"Can you tell me anything else?" she asked. "Where you are?"

"It's really pretty here, you'd like it, I think. You used to talk about living at a house like this."she stated.

"A big house? Around no one?" she asked, catching on.

"With a beautiful garden." Willow smiled, looking at Gerard. "He planted it all for me."

"Okay...I'll tell the detective. Anything else?" she asked.

Detective?

"I can't tell you, I don't even know where I am. I think I have to go."

"O--okay...bye, I love you!"

"I love you too." she said and hung up, giving the phone to Gerard.

"How is she?" he asked.

"She thought I was dead." Willow stated bitterly,.

"Oh..." he says. Then she realized something.

Did his parents and brother really disown him? Does he only think they did? Or did they and is that the reason he's like this?

"I'm going to bed."she told him, and walked into her room.

"Goodnight..." Gerard called out, sounding a bit sad, and she shut the door, not answering him. I changed into some shorts and a tee-shirt that were on the dresser, then get in bed and fell asleep.