First Exam

It's been a year since Obito's death and many things have changed. The third war had ended so the Third Hokage retired naming Minato the Fourth Hokage. Kakashi reverted back into his shell avoiding any human interaction despite my efforts. Today,  I was told by the Hokage to meet with his previous student, Orochimaru. I was told he was interested in my abilities hearing praises from the Jonin. 

"So you showed up. I thought you'd be too scared to train with me." Orochimaru said making me freeze; he was very intimidating. 

Orochimaru had very pale skin, golden eyes with slitted pupils, purple markings around his eyes and fang-like teeth. He also has pronounced cheekbones and straight waist-length black hair with some locks covering and framing his face. Just the aura he was giving off made me want to run, but I knew she couldn't show fear.

"Fear shows weakness." I replied which made Orochimaru smirk.

"Well at least you understand."

"What are you going to teach me Orochimaru-sensei?" I questioned doing a slight bow in respect. I felt honored that he took an interest in me but I was afraid I would disappoint him.

"I'm going to teach you some of my personal jutsu and how to fight with your swords." He answered making me perk up. I had some experience with my swords but I had to teach myself. I've never had someone to actually teach me.

Orochimaru-sensei taught me some of his snake jutsu and how to wield a sword. His training was harsh; he wasn't holding back. I honestly wanted it to stop when he wasn't afraid to stab my shoulder; he even considered  dropping me as a student but my persistence made him reconsider. This was my only opportunity to train with a legend and I couldn't let him down. He pushed me to use the sharingan teaching me the basics of genjutsu.

"That's enough for today." He said as he looked down at me. "If you keep training with me, I promise you'll find the power you need."

"H-how did you know I want power?"

"Doesn't everyone? Power comes at a price though."

"What is it?"

"You must be willing to sacrifice everything." He said before disappearing.

With a sigh, I gathered my belongings and headed home. As I walked, I thought about what Obito and Orochimaru said about getting more power. I wanted power to protect my loved ones, but if I wanted power I could possibly sacrificing them.

"Hello Izuka, how was your training?" My mother greeted as I walked through the door.

"Painful," I replied while healing myself but felt weak from using more chakra so I had to stop.

"The chuunin exams are starting soon right?" Father questioned.

"Yeah next week, in the Sand Village." I replied then started to head to my room.

I saw Itachi sitting on my balcony when I entered my room. "Hi Itachi," I said sitting next to him.

"Hey, so you're going to be in the exams?" He questioned looking down at his folded hands. I could tell he was upset that his sensei didn't recommend his team for the exams. She was upset also, she hasn't spared against Itachi in years; she was looking forward to it.

"Yeah hopefully when I come back I'll be a chuunin." I replied with a smile.

"I'll miss you,"  he said sadly looking down at the ground thankfully not seeing me blush. "We barely get to see each other now."

"I know. I haven't even seen my parents in a while because after I eat breakfast I'm off training then when I get home I eat dinner and go straight to bed. Most of the time I sleep in the forest because I'm too exhausted to walk home." I told him pulling him into a hug squeezing him right.