Attack on the Village

Kakashi finally showed up at the end of the party when everyone was already leaving for the night. He said he was sorry for being late then gave me a necklace. The necklace was a star that had an engraving that read, 'Izuka happy eighth birthday. You're a skilled ninja, the best teammate, a good person, and an awesome best friend. Your friend always, Kakashi.' I smiled and looked at him then gave him a hug.

"Thank you Kakashi! This just about makes up for missing my party."I turned to Itachi's parents. "And I'll help clean up again since you're not allowed to do anything since you're almost due for the baby."

After I helped clean, Kakashi and I walked around the village just talking. We were talking for about an hour.

"So how does it feel to be eight?" He asked.

"It doesn't feel any different." I replied.

"How was your party?"

"If you were there then you'd know but it was fun. Oh yeah I still need to take a picture of us together." I said as I took out the camera.

I wrapped my arm around Kakashi while holding the camera then took the picture. We talked some more before  we went to our own homes.

                                                                                               -   -   -

Months have passed since my promotion to Chuunin and it wasn't as excited as I had hoped it would be. I've mostly been on C ranked missions which were boring after fighting thieves. Today I decided to visit Minato to see how he and his wife were doing. When I got to his house, I saw the legendary sannin Jiraiya was there as well.

"Hello Jiraiya ," I greeted. "My name is Izuka Uchiha." I bowed in respect.

"Nice to mee you Izuka." He replied with a warm smile.

"Izuka, what brings you here?" Minato questioned when he walked into the room.

"Just seeing how everyone is doing."

His wife, Kushina, is seven months pregnant and will be expecting a boy in a few months. We all sat down at the table talking amongst ourselves then Jiraiya gave Minato a book he wrote. When he finished reading it he decide to name his son after the main character of the book. His wife liked the idea so they were going to name him Naruto.

"I like that name too." I told them.

"Well Izuka, maybe you can baby sit him," Minato suggested which Kushina agreed to as well.

"Really? I'd love to! I'll help you with him if your ever exhausted or have so much to do."

"You're such a big help. The village is so lucky to have you."

                                                                                                     -   -   -

Over the months I helped Minato and his wife around the house since she can't do much and Minato is busy being Hokage. Soon it was time for her to have her baby but no one was allowed to know when and where the baby was being born. I was in the forest training for the day but then I felt something weird; like a chill in the air. Looking to the left I saw a giant fox destroying the forest advancing towards the village. It then disappeared and reappeared in the village letting out a loud roar alerting everyone of its arrival.

I saw many ninja attacking it in order to defend the village but it didn't look effective. Many had attacked it straight on but were easily cast away by the beast. Stopping in my tracks,  I quickly ran towards the action only to be stopped by a Jonin.