Chapter 35 - couldn't find her

Some time later...
Cameron J.

Justin and Haley, continued to break into jacks house, looking for me. I'd choose a different hiding spot every time, hoping they wouldn't look there. It's stressful because I'm trying to stay away from Justin, it'd break his heart if he knew I was pregnant with jack's baby. I'm ready to get him out of me, my back and my feet constantly hurt, he's supposed to be due in April...just two months to go. I'm huge.

"Cameron, I think we should move..." Jack looked down

"Why?" I turned my head, lying on my side

"Because...Justin and Hailey. They keep breaking in, hoping to find you"

I stayed silent not knowing what to say "what if I just came out, let them know I'm here?" Jack looked down at me

"I'll go to jail...you may not care, but I do"

I sat up, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head on his shoulder. "I do care, I don't want you in jail. It's just that...," I sighed "I want them to leave us alone"

"Us?" Jack questioned

"Mhmm" I hummed

"They'll still call the police"

I closed my eyes eyes "what if I told them I ran away with you?" Jack raised an eyebrow "you wouldn't get charged for it, the worst the could do, is put me on probation or house arrest"

"But you're pregnant-"

"It was all my idea, okay?" I cut him off

"Why would you cover for me?" He asked

I tried avoiding eye contact with him.

Because I love you...

"I don't want the baby to grow up without a father" I whispered

"I don't want them to take you away from me" Jack covered his face in his hands

"We don't have to move, we can continue with what what we're doing and we'll be fine" I pulled Jack beside me so he was laying down. "Don't stress over it, I'm not going anywhere"

-

I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. Jack decided to take a nap, he was holding my hand as he slept. My phone began to vibrate on the nightstand beside the bed. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID, Hailey.

"Hello" I had a hint of an attitude

"Cameron, thank god you answered. Where the hell are you?" Hailey angered

"I told you, I'm somewhere safe. I can't see you guys, it's for mine and Justin's own good"

"But I saw you with jack the other day..."

"He was helping me with my problem" I retorted

What does she not understand by I'm safe ...

"Cameron...are you pregnant?" Hailey asked

My heart stopped, how did she find out. It wasn't even noticeable, when we bumped into each other.

"W-why wo-"

"Cameron, don't lie to me" Hailey cut me short

I swallowed the lump in my throat, looking over at Jack, he was still sleeping.

"Ye-yes" my eyes blurred from the tears, threatening to fall

"Is it Justin's?"

I didn't say a word "is that why you left like that?"