Chapter 50 - Going Away

Jack

"Daddy?" Mikey called

"Yea, baby?"

"Mommy doesn't look too well" he pouted

"What's going on with her?"

"She's throwing up" I stood up and ran downstairs

I heard her whimpers as she released the content out of her system. I went into the bathroom, finding Cameron leaning against the wall.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked

"Yea, I'm fine" she wiped her face

"Quit saying that you're fine, you look horrible" I placed the back of my hand to Cameron's forehead checking her temperature.

"Baby, you have a fever" I picked her up, carrying her upstairs

Jack laid Cameron's body in the bed, covering her with the comforter.

"You don't get up, I'll be right back" I left downstairs to make him some soup

Cameron

I laid in bed, rubbing my belly. I don't know if being sick was going to hurt the baby or not.

"I didn't sign up for this" i mumbled before turning over and closing my eyes

----

I fluttered my eyes open, looking at what was in front of me. I felt different, like something was wrong. Sitting up and getting out of bed, I walked out into the hallway.

"Mikey" I called out

No response

I made my way downstairs, seeing Jack sleeping on the couch.

Michael must be in his room

I took a seat next Jack. My hand found its way to his cheek, softly cuffing it.

"Oh how I love you. You make me the happiest woman alive. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have Mikey, I wouldn't be having another baby with you, nor would I be here. I love you so much" I placed a soft kiss on his lips

I thought back to the night, when Jack kidnapped me. I hated him for so long, but, the way he tried so hard to get me to love him how he loved me. Jack had made me so happy in the years that I was with him, but something still doesn't feel right to me. I feel like I'm missing something, I feel empty, emotionally. I feel like Jack doesn't love me like he use to anymore, like I don't make him happy.

I didn't realize that I was crying, until a tear fell onto my bare leg, due to my shorts. I tried as hard as possible to not sniff so loud, I didn't want to wake him up.

I've got an idea...

I went upstairs to my room, packing a bag. Next I went to Mikey's room, packing some clothes for him too. Walking up to her bedside, I picked him up, along with his things. Making my way downstairs I wrote Jack a note and left out to my car. This would help me figure out if he still loves me like he use to.

I buckled my sleeping three year old in his car seat, then getting in on my side.

The car ride was silent, my thoughts were scrambled everywhere. I didn't want to do this, but it's only helping me. I drove out of L.A, all the way to San Francisco.