Prolouge

Lucille P.O.V.

We have made a major mistake. I am sweating in places I shouldn't ever be sweating in. I shoot a glare at my mom, who's driving the car, and put my red hair into a loose ponytail.

"You know, looks can't kill, but yours sure does cause damage to my poor old heart." Mom jokes with a smirk. I roll my eyes and look out the window, biting my lip so she doesn't see the smile.

I love my mother. She has always worked her ass off for me, making sure there was always food in my stomach, a roof over my head, and love in my heart. She was a writer and worked from home, so I never had to worry about going lonely.

As a writer, she says she needs different inspirations, and that is the reason why we moved from Audubon, New Jersey to St. Peterburgs, Florida.  We moved a couple of time to different neighborhoods, but never to a different state. So yay for change.

My Father, left when Mom got pregnant. Every year, on my birthday, he will send money to mom, and in return she will send him a photo of me. For the last five years, I haven't been very nice in the photos, being known to give the bird to the camera. But hey, he deserved it.

"And tada!! We are here!" Mother exclaimed, clapping her hands. I look at the house and smiled slightly. Mom never failed me. It was big and beautiful, but not too much for just two people.

Getting out of the car, I sigh and start grabbing boxes.

"Pick any room you want Sweetheart." Mom said with a smile. I nod and shuffle into the house.

The inside is elegant, with a white carpets and a spiral staircase leading to the second floor. For it being a two-story house, it sure is huge. I walk up the stairs, and examine the rooms. The first two are just plain square rooms, but the last one is joined with a bathroom. It was slightly bigger than the other rooms, which didn't matter to me. What sold me to it though, was the fact that the walls were colored with lavender shade, and on the left wall, was a gigantic window with a window seat. I smile and give a silent squeal.

"I knew you would like it. I had it painted just for you, since I knew you liked window seats." Mom was in the room, leaning against the door, watching me. I nodded and put my boxes down, and went over to hug her.

We kept bringing boxes in, and once that was done, I laid down on my bed. Deciding that I have done enough for one day, I opened a box, picked out my favorite book "Of Mice And Men." Walking to the window seat, I snuggled down with my book. Shortly after I open it though, I hear laughing. I look outside my window, and surprisingly enough, I could see straight into a room of the neighbors house. And the sound of laughter came from a very attractive man playing with a little child.

Watching him throw her up and down on the bed, watching him throw his head back to laugh, I decided oh hell yeah, I'm going to enjoy it here.