Chapter 7

Lucille P.O.V.

Laying in bed, I decided, I want to give up on the world. Staying in bed all day seemed like the perfect world. My checklist for this new arrangement? I will buy a mini-fridge and put it next to my bed. Invest in a life time supply of food. And I need to get an endless supply of batteries for my tv remote.

"Come on Lucy. We don't got all day. It's 5:38. You have until 6 to get changed and walk with me over there. Now." Mother not so gently pounded on the door and I groaned. She's been trying to make me get ready since 5. I just want to stay in bed.

Sighing, I stood up. I start pulling my tank top off, and chills travel down my spine. Spinning around, I look into the neighbors window. Their curtain is moving slightly, yet no one in sight. I close my curtains and shake my head, pervert.

Changing into a short white sundress, I scrunch up my hair with moose. Applying liquid eyeliner and mascara, I check the clock. 5:52. See mom? I don't take long to get ready!

Putting on bright red lipstick, I head downstairs. My mother is dressed in a black pencil skirt and a white ruffled shirt. Her hair is up in a tight bun, with some curled pieces hanging down. I smirk at her and she rolls her eyes at me.

"Oh hush up and grab the plate of cookies." Mom says, walking towards the door. I nod, and take the cookies. As I near the door, I put on my black flats. My mother opens the door, only for Brendon to be standing there, ready to knock.

He backs up, with a blush on his face. He is dressed up in a black button up, with the sleeves rolled up, and light blue jeans. I must admit, he did look nice. But he looked sort of stressed out, as his hair was messy.

"Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Brendon Scott." He reached out his hand to my mom and she shook it, a smile on her face. After introducing herself, she scurried over to the neighbors house, casting a wink back at me when she made it to the door.

"You look... Nice." I say, after just staring at him for several minutes. All he does is nod at me. I internally shrug, and keep walking. Casting a look over at Brendon, he looked more and more stressed as we got closer to the house. He kept flicking his fingers, as if it were a nervous habit.

"Does your mom know you smoke cigarettes? How long have you been smoking? " I ask, curious. He nods, and looks at me with a smirk.

"As long as I don't do it around II, she doesn't really care. I've been doing it since like, age 15? But I've picked up the habit heavier a couple of months ago. Good stress reliever."

Scrunching up my nose, I look at him with a weird face, and he just laughs at it. Making it to the door, he held it open for me. The inside smelt like heaven, as if someone was baking all day. Deeply inhaling, my stomach growled, and Brendon glanced at me, smiling.

Iris and Mrs. Scott come out, dressed just the same with pink and white ruffled aprons in the front.

"Hello, oh hello! Lucy, Dear! You look beautiful! Kisses!" She kissed both of my cheeks and I smiled at her as her eyes gleamed in the light.

"Kisses!!!" Iris shouted, reaching her hands up to me. I lift her up and we kiss each other's cheeks. Grinning, I put her back down. Brendon is behind me, and I can feel his hand on the lower part of my back, and I can't help but shiver at the warmth.

"Why don't you two go in the living room, watch tv? Your mother is helping me finish up cooking. Go make yourself comfy!" Mrs. Scott sashays out of the room, Iris mimicking her perfectly. With my heart melting because of the little girl, I let Brendon lead me to the living room.

We sit on the couch, and it's quiet for a couple of seconds. The air is thick with tension. He is looking down at his hands, his elbows on his knees. A crease is in his forehead.

"Why do you smoke?" I look at him, leaning closer. He looks up, and smirks at me, sliding over a bit more on the sofa.

"Why do you wanna know?" He cocks his eyebrow, slowly licking his lips. Looking back into his eyes, I can't help but let the smile go onto my face.

"Maybe I'm interested?"

"Interested in what?" He scoots closer, his head leaning in. I bite my lip, and lean in.

"Why you decide to always stink of smoke." With that said, I hop back away from him, leaning against the back of the sofa. His mouth is gaped open, shocked. Slowly, and may I say, very slowly, he leans back with a smile.

"Okay, you win. It helps with a lot of stress. I smoke to relieve it, others drink or have sex, not me. I just smoke for stress. The other two I do for fun." With that, he winked at me and kissed my cheek, jumping off the couch. I stare at his back shocked. Blush was on my cheeks, but disappeared as I stood up and smirked.

Walking behind him, I run my hands up his back and slide infront of him. I place my hands on his chest and slowly rub up, wrapping my arms around his neck, which causes me to stand on my tiptoes. He is just staring down at me, shocked. A blush has creeped onto his cheeks as his breath softly quickens.

When my lips reach his ear, I kiss them, and then gently bite. He gasps and I pull away, just enough so I can speak.

"You still owe me for the other day." With that, I push off him, walking into the kitchen where my mom and his mom are finishing up cooking.

Looking back behind me, I see him staring, his mouth open. I wink at him, and he quickly smirks. This should be a fun night.