Chapter 22: Swashbuckled

Saturday, June 21 2:46 AM

Term of the Day: Acquiesce - To consent or comply passively.

New and Improved Secret Plan! You're all dying to know the details, I'm sure, and I apologize with all my <3 but -- I CAN'T TELL YOU. Why not? Think about it.

A certain person swears she hates blogs. It makes her squeamish to read someone's private stuff flashed "to the ends of the Earth". And yet, she comments on EVERYTHING I talk about here. She wants privacy? I'll give her privacy. But I'll give YOU a few clues ;)

Think swashbuckling. Think timbers be shivering. Think ooh, ooh baby.

One more hint? Nah, instead I'll leave you with a question. All this pirate stuff has got me wondering, is there something about the kind of boy who stands a half-step away from the pack ...the RoGuE ... the PiRaTe ...that makes you want him to swing down from the yardarms and whisk you off to sea while you just acquiesce? Primitive, I know -- but true? Does every girl want to be swept off her feet?

10:51 AM HA!

herbestfriend: So I read it. I don't want to. I don't like to. But I do. Be warned -- I know what you're up to. I will be on the lookout for any attempts at swashbuckling.

Rogues, however, are just fine with the rest of you:

princessbluesky: Do I want to be swept off my feet? Ohhhyeah!

ittybittykitty: Yo Ho! Count me among the pirate lovers. Of course, I'm not sure how an actual relationship would work out if your guy 's going to be swinging around, taking everything he wants without asking all the time?

flowrgrrl: Pirates ... Yaarrrr!

SK84U: Where can I buy one of those eye patches?

Hehehehe. I think this just might work.

It would be a lot easier to be a good girlfriend if a certain somewhat perfect boyfriend would not randomly eff things up. Case in point:

Q. What had Brady done ever since we got out of school?

A. Complain that we don't spend enough time together.

Q. What did I do in response?

A. Made plans to spend the entire evening with him (just him).

Q. And what did he do?

A. Told Jacob he'd go with him to the races, that's what.

Not that I was worried. I trust Brady. I think. And just because a boy is going to the races doesn't mean he's "going to the races". Madison, on the other hand, was certain Jacob had more on his mind than carburetors. Stupid boys.

5:36 PM What should two best friends do when their guys may or may not be hanging out with racy girls? One thing they should NOT do is sit around listening to sad songs and moping. NoNoNoNoNoNO!!

Instead, they should go to the coffee shop. They should drink chai and cappuccino until they get wired (or weird, either one will do). They should accidentally run into their two very best guy friends. If a little swashbuckling should occur *ahem* that wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

Despite the obvious perfection of this plan, I had to beg Madison to go. Plead even.

It wasn't much easier to talk Dave and Craig into meeting us. Craig was reluctant because he was leaving for vacation the next morning and still hadn't packed. Dave was reluctant because ... you know ... but in the end, they acquiesced.