Chapter 15

Rhys P.O.V

I growl sitting up in my bed I couldn't sleep. Alexia and I are getting to know each other better. Our bond is getting stronger and I think her wolf is starting to show. Not that it would matter if she was human. I love Alexia but I hate that she doesn't fully trust me. I'm not stupid I know she has her past. I didn't know much but I knew she was gone for a long time and barely left her home when she returned. I would have never thought that she was my mate.

I feel every nightmare she has. I want to ask her about it but I don't want to push her into telling anything she doesn't want to. I couldn't say I was surprised that heat has begun. Ever since I met Alexia she is all I can think about. It's driving me insane that I can't have her alone for more than 20 minutes.

Heat will make her want to mate and make me 10 times more possessive and sexual. I don't think Alexia is ready for this but something must happen because she's going to be like this for a while. And I have been told it is the worst experience without your mate. I start getting dressed and packing a few clothes. With regular female wolves their heat will last a week. I'm not sure if Alexia is even a wolf so I don't know. My mom's first heat had lasted a month even after my dad and her mated.

I don't know what to expect. I get in the car and drive to her house. It's been a few days since the brunch. My mother has been checking up on me and my father just ignores me as usual. I don't really care because ever since I came back from Europe for alpha training he's been giving me a cold shoulder unless it had something to do with me becoming alpha next month. I'm 21 now and my father finally decides it's finally time for me to get the alpha title. I'm back in highschool so I can graduate properly also to be with my mate. Being in a different country for 3 years without family changes people. Since then I blocked off my parents got my own place so I wouldn't have to see them at all.

I get out the car and knock on the front door. It's probably 3 maybe 4 in the morning.

"What the hell?" Alexia's father growls.

"Sorry to disturb you but I'm going to have to stay with Alexia for a little while or she can come to my house." I said. He looked angry with my words. "She's in heat." I explained. He continued to just stare at me angrily. Hard to believe I use to look up to this guy. Uncle Phillip.

"You can stay in her room until she wakes up. You sleep on the floor. We will talk once she's up." He says walking away leaving the door open for me.

"Do you know if she has a wolf?" I asked as I walked in closing the door softly.

"Yes she has a wolf. It's just dormant." He stops and turns to me.

"So it's ok if I make her Luna?" I asked.

"No. It's not ok. She isn't ready for that." He growls.

"I don't mean right away. In a few years of she's ok with it of course." I said quickly.

"We will see. We will have a talk with her tomorrow. For now don't mate or mark her just hold her." He says.

"Of course." I nod.

"Good." He says walking upstairs leaving me in the dark living room. My dad and him were best friends. Until a few years after Alexia went missing. They started arguing about everything. He didn't want me to go to Europe he rather me be trained somewhere closer. My dad wanted me to go far that way I will grow harder. I still ended up leaving to go to Europe and my father removed the beta title from Phillip. I hated every decision my father made for the pack since then. I considered Phillip a stronger and better father figure when I came back home on my 17th birthday. My father told me he had banned Phillip and his family. When I got to school I saw Justin and knew my father lied to me.