Chapter 21

I sat up slowly and took a look around the room I was in. If the house wasn't creepy enough I was in a old room I guess. There was dust everywhere I don't know how I even ended up in here in the first place. I stood up and walked to one of the dusty dressers. All the drawers were empty but was a picture on the dresser. I wiped off the layers of dust with my finger. It was a lady with a boy on her lap smiling. In the background there were woods. The picture was in black and white. This room must have been as old as the photo if not older.

The room was mostly empty after that just a bed and two empty dressers. It was a small room. I couldn't imagine living in here. I sneezed the dust finally getting to me. I open the door to be met by the hall way from yesterday. How did I even end up in the room? Ivy was strangely quiet this morning I didn't know weather that was a good or bad thing. I went back the way I came. I can't believe Rhys is trying to get me to hide.

'It's for our safety. Where is mate ?!' Ivy finally speaks. I pause as I see people.

"Luna?" Someone questions. The house was filled with people. It gave the house back it's warm feeling. I rush upstairs to Rhys' room. It was empty. My chest tightened as I backed out of the room.

"What do you mean you can't find her ?!" Rhys angry voice yells. I follow the sound.

"Alpha I don't know. She was in the abandoned wing and when I went to check on her she wasn't there." A man bows towards Rhys. Rhys grips his hair and turns around facing the window. I then realized this was an office. It was similar to his father's. But more brighter much less gloomy. I didn't realize I was walking towards Rhys until I wrapped my arms around his waist. He turned around and picked me up in his arms.

"You scared me." He hugs me tightly kissing all over my neck.

"Sorry." I whispered.

"No. I'm sorry Alexia. We can train. We can start today right now if you want." He says softly.

"No it's okay.." I start. He puts me down.

"No it's not. I was being a terrible mate. I'm suppose to listen to you and understand where you're coming from. I'm so sorry. I just don't know what I'll do if you were to get hurt or taken. Don't run off like that again please. You nearly gave me a heart attack." He starts to ramble and I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him into a kiss.

"It's okay." I said. He smiles at me and my heart nearly stops. He looks at something behind us and his smile drops.

"Come speak to the pack." His father voice says. Rhys looks back at me.

"We can start training after this." He says pulling me towards the door. Rhys father nods at me and I nod back. Soon we were looking at the pack members from the second floor.

"As you all may know there have been a few vampires on our territory. Not just any vampires. Royal vampires. Even though there is an agreement that says we will stay at peace with each other.. We have to be prepared for the worst." Rhys voice booms. "My father believes it's best to hide." He turns to glare at his father. "If you feel like you need to hide. Go ahead. I'm leaving this open to everyone above 16 you may train both female and male." He says. A few gasps go around.

"Why are they even targeting us?" Someone asked quietly but everyone heard due to the silence.

"They want my mate. We don't know why they want her." Rhys says. That started a outburst of questions. Why didn't we know ? Why won't they bother some other pack?

"Excuse me." Rhys father makes them shut up with his glare.

"I was planning on introducing her at my ceremony but it seems to have to be delayed. This is my mate Alexia daughter of former beta Philip and sister of future beta Justin." Rhys introduced me the pack just stared at me.

"She's my sister too." Markus yells. I smile and shake my head.

"And sister of head warrior Markus." Rhys adds.

"I'll fight for you Luna. Let's kill those already dead mother fuckers." Someone yells and soon many more follow. My eyes start to water and my wolf howls loudly in my head.

"We start training in 20 minutes." Rhys says pulling me towards the front door through the crowd. Before I can even ask where we were going Rhys lips smashed into mine. He kissed me deeply and slowly. Almost as if he were teasing me. Rhys pushed me harder against the car and slipped his tongue in my mouth. By the time he finally pulled away I was a panting mess.

"Rhys." I cover my face and he chuckled moving my hands.

"There's my favorite color." He kissed both my cheeks. "We have to get going if we want to make it to the training session." He cups my face. I lean up and kiss his lips softly.

"Then get in the car already." I smile at his shocked face. He soon smiles and opens the door for me. I get in and he goes to the other side getting in himself. With that we were off. Going towards my house.
-
I hold onto Rhys tightly. I was on his back as he talks about rules. He wanted to save up my energy as he put it. We get to a huge clearing. There were a lot of people walking around and talking. Both female and male. As Rhys walked through they started separating. Ladies on one side and men on the other.

"Thank you all for coming." Rhys says to the large group. They were all neatly lined up in 4 rows. "Let us began." Rhys smiled and everyone cheered. I slid off of Rhys back. "Be good." He kissed my head.

"Okay." I walked towards the female group.

"Luna." They all bowed. I waved.

"Alright pair up." The instructor said. All the woman gathered around me.

"Me ! be my partner." Someone yelled. "Luna is my partner." and so the fight begun.
_____
So today I start my finals.. I had to give y'all an update before I got to school. If you guys would wish me luck that would be great cause I'm so gonna fail. Until next Tuesday. Byee