Chapter 18

"Alexia." I hear someone whisper. Soon I'm gently shaked and I open my eyes. "Come on get ready." Rhys chuckles as I stare at him. It was completely dark outside.

"What time is it?" I sit up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Four in morning ." He answers calmly.

"Are you insane?" I lay back down.

"Come on Alexia." I feel soft kisses on my face.

"It's too early." I groan covering my face trying to get more sleep.

"Your so beautiful." He kisses my forehead.

"Rhys." I blush and pull the covers over my face. Fingers tickle my sides I cover them while laughing.

"I want to show you something." He says softly moving the covers from my face. I stare at him. I couldn't really see his face. But his eyes shined. In the light.

"Okay." I said. We stayed in the dark just staring at each other. "Go." I smile pushing him away lightly. He kisses me gently before leaving. I get ready doing my normal routine. Maybe I curled my hair a little bit.. When I'm done I grab my book bag and phone. As I walk downstairs I'm greeted with a yummy smell and light coming from the kitchen. Checking my phone I see it's almost 5 am now.

"Alexia." Rhys chuckles waving a hand in front of my face. I look at him. When did he walk all the way over here? "I made you breakfast. After you are done we can go." He takes my hand and leads me to the table with a plate of bacon, waffles and a bowl of fruit.

"What do you want to show me?" I asked as I sat down.

"It's a surprise." He sits next to me.

"Can I gave a hint?" I asked.

"No that would ruin my surprise." He kisses me lightly. I hop in his lap and he groans lightly.

"Will we be late for school?" I asked.

"No." He wraps his arms around my waist and buries his face in my neck. I start eating feeling completely comfortable and relaxed. I finish eating my breakfast and Rhys doesn't move.

"Rhys." I whisper. He sighs before letting me go. I put my dishes in sink and Rhys leads me to the car that was already on and really warm.

It didn't take us long considering Rhys literally drove through the woods. Surprising no dents or scratches on the car.. As soon as Rhys opened my door the cold hit me harshly. I shivered. Maybe I should have layered up more. Rhys takes my hand and we walk on the snow covered ground.

"Rhys where are we going?" I asked. He continues to walk and soon we walk towards a river.

"You're going to have to trust.." He starts. I close my eyes and fall backwards I feel Rhys catch me. "Don't do that." He growls.

"Yeah okay." I laugh Rhys picks me up. I move closer to him because was warm. Keeping my eyes shut I kiss Rhys' face. I feel the temperature drop and the air smell different. I was tempted to open my eyes but I kept them shut. I hear a soft growl and I shiver. Once I was set on my feet.

"Open." Rhys whispers. When I open my eyes I gasp. This looks like a winter wonderland. There were ice crystals hanging from the ceiling and ice on the floor. It looked beautiful.

"Rhys it's beautiful." I look around and gently touch one of the ice crystals and it breaks. A warm arm wraps around my waist.

"Not as beautiful as you." He kisses my cheek. I blushed. Rhys held me for what felt like forever but must have been for an half an hour. The sun started to rise and the light hit the ice making the cave look even more beautiful. "School is going to start and we have to see my dad." He said softly. I nod. Rhys shifts into his wolf. I smiled. 'Get on.' Rhys voice ran through my head. I stare at him and he nods.

Did Rhys just talk to me through brain waves? I get onto Rhys' large wolf and lightly but firmly grip his fur. He ran and I let go waving my hands in the air. Rhys instantly slowed down. 'Hold on.' I obey and hold on and my hair goes everywhere. So much for an effort to look cute. Rhys wolf stops and I look up to see we are at the pack house. I hop off of Rhys and I instantly miss the rush of wind. 'Go inside.' He said and I start my way inside. I can tell Rhys was following me. When I opened the door I was greeted by Melissa.

"Hi." I smile.

"Hi." She smiles back before handing some clothes to someone behind me. I don't dare look back. I heard a small laugh from behind me.

"Come." Rhys took my hand leading me to his dad's office. He didn't bother knocking we just walked it. I moved closer to Rhys.

"What is it now?" Rhys dad growls.

"Tell me why the patrol continue to let these vampires cross the border." Rhys growls back.

"I'm handling it." His dad answers.

"You're putting the whole pack in danger. What have you done so far? I see no change." Rhys says.

"Well son when you takeover you can make the decisions but for now. I'm alpha and I'm working on it." His dad glares. Rhys glares back. They continue to send nasty glares to each other. A loud growl booms the large office. A small growl leaves me. Rhys smirks.

"Fix it." Rhys says before pulling me with me out of the office.
-
When we got to school Rhys walked me to class then left. I didn't see him at lunch or between periods. Justin says that he went to handle some things. Now it's after school and I'm walking to my locker.

We have a huge test tomorrow and I need my book to study. Sadly it's in my locker. I don't know if I'm waiting for Justin to get out of detention or if Rhys will come to pick me up. I put in my combination grabbing the large book. Maybe Rhys will help me study later.

"Alexia." Arms wrap around my waist and a body presses against mine. I don't move and the book falls echoing through the hallway. My eyes start to water. "We missed you so much at home." He whispers. I don't move I don't talk I'm not sure if I was even breathing. "Surprised?" He chuckles. "I'll be back. Tell your little boyfriend I'll be back. Then I'll take you back home." He kisses my cheek. Soon the arms are gone and the body leaves me. I fall and bring my knees to my chest. I don't know how long I sit there just staring at the locker in front of me. But I don't move. A hand touches me and I flinch.

"I'm here." Justin offers his hand. I stare at it for a while before taking it.

"H-He was here." I whisper as Justin pulls me up.

"I know." He hugs me. I start crying. Justin holds me tighter. "Let's go home. I'll make you some hot chocolate and we can wait for Rhys?" He whispers after I stop crying. We walk out the school hand and hand.
_________
Chapter 18 complete