Chapter 39

I mentally screamed for them not stop or slow down as the wolf on top of me tried to rip my flesh on my neck. There was no way I was going to fight when the kids where still in danger. The van thankfully kept moving and the wolves around the it kept running. Good they were going to be safe. I turned my attention to the wolf trying to bite me but with my legs I kept the wolf a safe distance away from my next.

It or should I say she growled. I threw her towards a nearest tree causing the tree to fall. She got back up. Her eyes were deep red I sensed something off about her. Jane bared her teeth at me growling but she didn't attack. So I did.. I lunged taking her by surprise. I bite down into her neck causing her to howl in pain. I felt a sharp pain in thigh and I growled letting her go. The wound felt deep and burned. I lost control of my body as I ran to her biting her leg and clawing anywhere my claws could reach. My body was moving on its own in pure rage. She shifted looking up at me in disgust and fear.

"Kill me already before he comes." She glared at me. I just stared at her. She wasn't the same terrified girl I knew before. She wouldn't be able to recover from this. I shifted taking a deep breath.

Kill her. Mystery growled.

"Rhys." I said holding the wound on my thigh trying to stop the blood.

'Are you okay? Don't move I'll find you.' Rhys mind linked me. I laid back and started at the tress above me. It was getting dark now and the ground felt so comfortable.

"Alexia keep your eyes open." Rhys said picking me up in his arms.

"J-Jane." I coughed as he ran in some direction.

"We will get her just stay awake for me baby." He said. I spit out blood and my head started to spin.

"I love you." I said looking up at him. His eyes held worry.

"I love you too." He kissed my head sending sparks all over my face. I blinked and my eyes felt heavy. I no longer could open them. "Stay awake.." I heard Rhys say before I blacked out.
-
Rhys P.O.V

I stood next to the bed. It's been a few hours now.

"Alpha." The doctor said. I nooded for her to continue. "She will be up soon." She said.

"None of this should have even happened." I said calmly.

"Luna saved the woman and children in the pack. The warriors said that if she didn't take action everyone would have burned." She said. The doctor was right Alexia did save the woman and children that were in the room with her. She was a strong leader which makes her a perfect Luna. Alexia stirred in her sleep before opening her eyes.

"R-Rhys" She whispered sitting up. I offered her a glass of water she took gladly took. After about two and a half glasses she rested her head on the board behind her. She was trying to remember what happened last. The doctor stood quietly at the door while Alexia recalled the events.

"Is everyone safe?" She asked.

"Yes we killed most vampires while the rest fled. Some of our warriors are injured nothing too serious. The rouge wolf is in the cells." I answer all of her questions she thought of. Alexia opened her eyes to glare at me. She thought of many things while staring at me but I only smirked. My wolf howling in happiness that our mate was getting excited just looking at us.

"Welcome back Luna." The doctor spoke causing Alexis's eyes to find hers.

"Thank you." She said taking the cup of water trying to cover up the fact she just undressing me in her mind.

"You are recovering quickly.." She paused. "At the rate of an alpha wolf your wound should be better in a few weeks." She said lifting the cover over Alexia's legs.  A thick gauze was wrapped around her thigh. "You have lost a lot of blood but I stitched the wound together and wrapped it after putting some disaffected on it. There maybe some scarring." She continued. I blocked Alexia from my mind as her heart rate sped up.