Chapter 4: Day out at the Pier

(Andrea's POV)

Song of the chapter: Latch - Sam Smith

Waking up after realising that the morning alarm that I set up in my phone failed miserably, I am thankful that I woke up to the scent of a hearty breakfast that's being cooked and which can be smelled from kilometers away the kitchen. Washing my face before I head down the dining room, I stepped on something and when I looked, it was a note that probably fell on the floor.

Preparing breakfast for the most beautiful woman that ever graced this planet.

I love you.

-M

I grinned and I tried to go down to the dining room in record time and my sense of smell was bombarded with the smell of something that consists of Spanish omelet, Wursts sausages and bagels. Seeing Max cooking for me is such a delightful sight and it pleases me to the heart.

"Good morning." I greeted him with a smile on my face and when he sees this, he grins his infamous megawatt grin.

"Good morning, mia carissima moglie." Max greets as I made my way around the kitchen so I could fix the table.

"How was your sleep?"

"Very good, thank you. How about you?" I asked while starting the coffee machine. "What do you want?"

"Just plain." He smiles. I figured that he'd like his coffee that way but I was just wondering if he would like something else.

"So manly." I teased him and he throws his head back laughing.

Good morning.

Casually sitting down in our quaint table, we're facing each other with a serene composure. Stirring my cup of coffee and him spreading butter on his toasted bagel, he places the butter knife down and looks at me expectantly.

"I have a proposition for you." Max starts and I nodded my head in response. He takes this as a cue to begin talking.

"So, er, lately—" He gulps but starts talking again, "we've been having troubles and I'd like for us to go to a marriage counselor to help us get back on track again. I mean, if that's okay with you."

"I think that it's actually a great idea because it would help us a lot in so much things." I agreed and he smiles.

"For a great start, maybe we should head down Navy Pier for today and just relax. Actually," he stops and grins, "bring a bag with clothes good for a whole day out."

~

Strolling down the pier with the chilly air, we hold hands as we observe small boys chasing pigeons.

"Do you want to feed the pigeons?" Max asks and holds up the paper bag that he has been holding on to ever since we left café for our unfinished lunch.

"With lasagna?" I smirked as he laughs with delight, attracting several young teenagers. I started getting uneasy with their stares directed to my husband and I, to him with awe because of my husband's look and I with jealousy and disgust. By now, I got used to people staring at me with their eyes full of envy but I don't think I can move on from the fact that they lust for what is mine.

"No, Mrs. Smart Mouth. Remember your lasagna came with 2 slices of garlic bread?"

"Oh."

He fluidly brings out the container and opened it revealing my unfinished lasagna and one humongous slice of garlic bread.