Chapter 12: Ball in the Court

Chapter 12: Ball In The Court

(Max's POV)

Waking up with a heavy heart, I wrapped my arms tighter around my beloved wife's body. William Smith has been plaguing us the past few days and I had to reassure Andrea that my security team and I are doing everything that we can to make sure that he would not be able to touch or have any contact with anyone close to our hearts. She must avoid bothering herself about it especially she has to take care of herself more than ever before due to her pregnancy.

Which reminds me of something.

"Love?" I cajoled, urging for her to open her beautiful eyes and welcome the sunlight that eagerly awaits behind our bedroom curtains.

"Hmm?" Andrea hums and I cannot help but chuckle with her stubbornness. Andrea was never the early bird and I don't think she ever will be one.

"We have to visit Dr. Bellevue today for your monthly check-up." I reminded her and she groans instantly. She hates going to the doctor every month because of both of our fears that something might happen with the baby but the good doctor said that as long as Andrea takes her prescribed medicines, her and the baby will be fine.

"Do we really have to?"

"Yes, so get your pretty bum up and shower. I will cook you some English breakfast to make it up to you."

"You got me at 'cook', love."

                      Tobias' presence just a little near the doorway and seeing a ghost of a smile in his mouth signifies him seeing Andrea. With her fresh from the shower and with a scowl on her beautiful face, I smirked and Tobias almost laughed. The dynamic between the three of us strengthened due to the time we always spend together and I can see that Tobias has completely warmed up to her and Matt which makes me the happiest man in the world. Tobias is someone that you can trust with the code for your safe, knowing he would not get anything from it and the next time you check your safe, there are actually more money than before and that is how Tobias works. Someone loyal like a dog to his owner (and a bone, of course), fierce as a lion but with a temperament like a mother hen.

                     "Good morning, Ms. Andrea." Tobias announced as my wife enters the dining room and I greet her with a quick peck on her rosy cheek, eventually catching the scent of her vanilla washed hair. Tobias quietly retreats to the security office room as Luke calls for him in the background with us having some precious time alone.

Ever since we adopted Matt and had another addition to our family with our unborn child, Andrea and I haven't really had an alone time in the house aside from our bedroom so having this moment with her right now is a sweet treat.

"I'm nervous, love." Andrea admits as her scowl falls, being replaced with a nervous expression marring her flawless face.

"Don't worry about it as much as possible, okay? Matt cannot feel this tension. He's already been through so much and I would do anything, and I mean anything, to keep our growing family safe, okay?" I reassured her again and that is because I know she will need it. A lot of it but still, I don't mind. I kissed her chastely on her temple and our patatino decides to join the party.

"Good morning, bud!" I grinned at him as he yawns and stretches.

"Good morning, dad, mom." Matt sleepily answered and quietly sat down beside Andrea as she lightly leaves a kiss on his forehead.

"Good morning, Matt! How was your night?" Andrea inquired.

"It was... good."

"I'm happy to hear that."