Chapter 8: Hospital Blues

(Max's POV)

Dr. Lonesgrove, the doctor-in-charge when Andrea was brought in is still doing his rounds before I even arrived and that's why I am so impatient right now. No nurses could tell me or even doctors because it was him who attended to my wife.

"Excuse me, Miss-" I looked at the nurse's name tag, "Miss Emily? Do you have any idea where Dr. Lonesgrove is? He attended to my wife and it's been almost three hours since I've been waiting for someone to tell me her condition."

The nurse peered over my back and she smiled when a person crossed her line of sight so I had to follow where she was looking at.

"That's Dr. Lonesgrove, sir."

"Hello, sorry I was running my rounds in the neonatal wing and had to help a nurse feeding a baby with an ear infection. You can go now, Emily." The blue-eyed doctor dismissed her and gestured for us to go inside Andrea's room, which by the way I had demanded. I won't let her lie down in an emergency room with almost a lot of people dying or bleeding. I don't like how the room presents itself and my Andrea looked perfectly fine. Well, aside from being pale.

Entering the room with Dr. Lonesgrove, I briefly analyzed the room that Andrea was in. Cool, calm and simple. The room was adorned with simple off-white patterned walls, accompanied by a small kitchen that has a microwave, a stove and a rectangular, small fridge and a small LCD TV. By the table beside her bed, a glass that contains water continues to sustain the blooming, single-stemmed rose. Little Matt was sleeping while leaning on Andrea's bed and I can see that he is holding her hand.

"I am Dr. Lonesgrove, sir. You are Mr. Bravucci, I presume?"

"Yes, doc." I nod and offered my hand for a short handshake and he received it well.

"So as for Mrs. Bravucci, she is doing well according to our over-all physical examination. The reason why she passed out while working in the orphanage is-"

"Sir." Tobias, the head of my security, interrupted the good doctor and with his stern look, I am torn between hearing from him and the doctor that I've waited for three hours regarding my wife's health.

"Tobias, I'm-"

"I apologize, sir. I'll be outside after your talk."

"Looks really urgent, if you ask me." The good doctor said and chuckled. "What I'm about to tell you is nothing bordering on life and death. I think that gentleman needs you."

"I will prioritize my wife's health over what he has to say. He can wait." I said with finality and the doctor smiled.

"If you say so." Dr. Lonesgrove smiled and looked at his wooden clipboard and squinted his eyes to read Andrea's file. "Well, the lady is healthy aside from the fact that she had been failing to eat the sufficient amount of food for two!" the doctor grinned.

"W-what?" I muttered, begging him to say it again because I don't think I heard it correctly.

"Her food intake wasn't sufficient for two." He slowly said and looked at me incredulously. "Oh, you didn't know Mrs. Bravucci is pregnant?"

I promptly passed out.

~

(Andrea's POV)

Silence and the blinding light of wherever I am hurts all of my senses since they are all heightened. As I tried to move around, a small hand clasped around mine stopped me from moving too much and I was forced to open my eyes to see who it belongs to.

"A-Andrea?" Matt looks at me with his puffy eyes, an evidence that he was crying probably because of worry about me and I can't imagine putting this precious child into such an emotional train ride.