Chapter 9: Little Potato

(Andrea's POV)

After knowing the reason behind why I passed out and after getting a light sermon from the doctor to take care of myself, he stated that we're good to go and gave some prenatal vitamins so I can regain my strength and add a bit of it because I would be exhausted to the bone if not taking the vitamins.

"I'll have your attending nurse arrange your discharge papers. Maybe I'll see you around if I'll be able to talk to your ob-gyn so I can relay to her your diagnosis and for us to be able to track your health during pregnancy." Dr. Lonesgrove said and we just nodded. The good doctor exited the room and I look at Max and we held our gaze for little while, enjoying this serene peace between us. Having our wish granted, something between us occurred and it was like we both reached inner peace and nirvana.

"Thank you." Max said with tears in his eyes and I smile back.

"For what?"

"For giving me the greatest gift a man can ever hope for." Max holds my hand and kisses it as his tears fall on my fingers. "For everything."

"Thank you to you too because I would never reach this point in life without you."

"I love you, Andrea mi amore." He grins his infamous mega-watt smile and I giggled.

"Hearing it while we're both in hospital gowns makes it more meaningful." I teased him and Max chuckled but not too loud because Matt was sleeping quietly.

"If only I could shout that 'I'm going to be a dad!' and not get thrown out of this damn hospital then I would." Max stated and I laughed, agreeing with what he said. He leaned down on me and gave me a chaste kiss before he stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"Change my clothes since I have to pay for our bills."

                                     "Wake up, tesoro. You need to dress up so we can go home already." Max gently cajoles me out of my slumber and I sit up hesitantly.

"Where's Matt?" I asked, looking for the little boy that went with me when I was admitted and who called for the doctors when I woke up. That child is already so close to my heart and one of the reasons why I really like going and volunteering in the orphanage is to be able to take care of a child like him. Sweet, compassionate and thoughtful. A child who is selfless than most of the population of the world and coming from a background so horrendous for a child you'd want to protect him at all cost.

"He's in the washroom, dress-"

"I'm done! It's Andrea's turn now." Matt announced his arrival in the room with an extra bounce in his steps and it's a delight to see.

"Alright, patatino. Would you want to assist me helping Andrea?" Max asked Matt and the so-called little potato nodded enthusiastically.

"What are you doing?" I asked as Max helps me stand up on my feet by putting one arm on his shoulders.

"Helping you walk." Max said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Last time I checked I did not sustain injuries from my fall, doctor."

"You did. Well, to his eyes, you did." Max said and looked at Matt who is helping me eagerly. "For him to think that you were dying when he was crying his eyes out, telling me and the doctors that he didn't want you to die tells me your fall isn't that simple. Or it may be the fact that he didn't want to experience what happened with his mom but the thing is, I just want to reassure him that you'll be alright by asking him to help me assist you."