Chapter 6: Back in the Orphanage

(Andrea's POV)

With the Bravucci clan on tow, the Saturday family lunch out was on going and everyone was having little mingles, the men talking about football and the women gossiping about the neighborhood's latest rumors.

"How many Saturdays have you been attending?" Max asked and I mulled about it before I replied, "Five, give or take."

"And you still don't have any thoughts on not attending?" Max asked again and I laughed.

"Of course not! You said the moment I marry you, I get to have everything you own and I you so that means your family is now my family. I think it's pretty neat." I said and sipped on some Piña Colada non-alcoholic version props to Martha. I don't know why she still calls it Piña Colada when in fact it doesn't have alcohol anyway but it tastes like one.

"Are you planning on not attending, son?" Lucas snickered and shook his head. "I know you may have some business needed with your wife because you two are newlyweds but don't forget this old man wanting another grandchild and that's not going to be from Martha and especially Marcus because the idiot is not getting married anytime soon."

I felt my heart sink.

The Bravucci family did not know the situation about Max and I's difficult complication regarding the child issues. I so badly want to share it but Max told me not to refrain because they may be family but some issues should be private and should be kept and shared just between the two of us.

"Alright, old man. You caught me." Max sighed in pretend and everyone else laughed while I let myself in silence wallow in sorrow.

"Hey, what are you doing there alone?" Martha asked while I was alone and taking some alone time in the library's balcony. "Everyone's been looking for you and the whole house is now filled with Max's hair from him pulling it."

I lost it at Max's hair and laughed.

"I just needed some alone time."

"In the balcony?"

"Yes."

"In the library's balcony?"

"Yes, Martha."

"In the library where no one really goes to?"

"I get the point you're trying to say. I just needed fresh air. All the scent of food is getting to me." I scoffed and then she gasped.

"Are you pregnant?" Martha almost screamed and ran towards me to embrace me lovingly. "Oh my God, Andrea!" She giggles but I just half-heartedly smiled at her.

"Why, what's wrong?" Martha asks and my smile drops even more. "It's not Max, is it? I would eviscerate that son of a b-"

"No, it's not him, it's actually me." I sighed and she frowns in confusion.

"What do you mean it's you? Wait, are you saying-" She looks down at my stomach and frowns even more, "that you don't have any plans on keeping it?"

"That's because there's nothing to keep, Martha." I mumbled as quiet as I could possibly say.

"Now I'm lost. What do you mean?"

"It means I'm not pregnant."

"Oh." Martha disappointingly said under her breath.

"That's fitting. And I-" I started choking on my own breath because I can't keep the tears at bay anymore, "I don't think I'll ever be."

Martha gasps again and hugs me in comfort.